Sunday, October 4, 2009


DSC_3568


DSC_3569


DSC_3565



There is nothing better then warm chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven.  Some of my earliest memories are of my mom and I making chocolate chip cookies together.  I can remember I was  4 or 5 and I had stapled my finger (and it was very traumatic for me) so my mom let me stay home from school and we made chocolate chip cookies.  I love that memory and I know that my love for baking started when I was young helping my mom in the kitchen. I want my kids to have that same love for cooking and baking so every chance I get I have Jack pouring and mixing and stirring when I am baking something.  He loves it!  He can even crack the eggs!  My mom gave me the best chocolate chip cookie recipe from one of her friends and I thought I would share it.

Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 (3.4 oz) boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2-3 tsp. vanilla
4 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
2 cups milk chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

Cream together butter and sugars until creamy.  Then beat in the pudding mixes. Stir in the eggs, vanilla, flour, and baking soda.  Then add the chocolate chips and walnuts.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes or until golden around the edges.  (This makes a ton of cookies so I always half the recipe)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Rowley Family said...

I have this recipe too and I love it! They are the best cookies!

Erin K said...

We just did cookies with Jaden last sunday! That's going to be my next post! funny. So fun. . . and messy.

Brand Stoddard said...

mmm...that dough lookes so yummy! I will definitely have to try this! Thanks!

Loralee said...

We're definitely trying this!