Friday, October 9, 2009

Marshall Islands

My brother in law Riley just opened his mission call on Tuesday and he was called to the Majuro, Marshall Islands english speaking mission!!  Can it get any better then that! I had never even heard of the Marshall Islands and I had no idea where they where! But let me tell ya, Landon and I are starting to save up now so that we can go pick him up in two years :) I have been researching the islands a little bit and I came across this little paragraph that kinda explains where they are located.





"The Marshall Islands, officially the Republic of the Marshall Islands are a group of atolls and reefs in Micronesia, about half-way betweenHawaii and Australia. Located north of Nauru and Kiribati, these beautiful islands are a collection of 1,225 islands and islets of which only five are single islands. The rest are grouped into 29 coral atolls which together make up more than one-tenth of all the atolls in the world resembling strings of pearls in a blue ocean backdrop."


So cool!!  We are so excited for Riley and we can't wait to hear about all his cool experiences while serving in the Marshall Islands!

3 comments:

Haley said...

My cousin has been serving in the Marshall Islands for a year now and absolutely loves it. Says the people are amazing and it is the best place on Earth. (His is Marshallese speaking). Congrats to your brother-in-law.

Elise said...

Andrew's old bishop/my old neighbor (he moved from Andrew's neighborhood to my neighborhood) is the mission president there! He and his wife, Dana, are AMAZING!!! He is so lucky!

Cody and Maegan Graham said...

Yay! Congratulations Riley! You never hear of anyone going there! What a cool place!

Cousin Maeg