Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Our s p o o k y dinner

And this is what was on the menu:

A hand coming out of the dip!  (I know, pretty lame..but Landon knew right away what it was and don't mind the bad lighting.)

Pizza mummies!  I saw these on the Family Fun website and thought they were so dang cute (mine, not so much).  But they were fun and pretty tasty!

Swamp water floats...cherry seven up dyed brown with gummy worms, frogs, and ice cream.  Jack (and Landon) loved it!

And for dessert: black cat cupcakes. Yumm-y!

Jack was a little to young to really get it, but this fun dinner put us in the Halloween mood!

After dinner we decided to paint pumpkins instead of carve them so it would be easier for Jack.



The finished product!


8 comments:

M-Z-T said...

Fun idea! Looks like you all had fun.

Ben and Camille said...

such fun ideas! wish we were there to paint pumpkins and eat cookies and mummy pizzas with you guys!

melimba said...

ok, mother of the year award.
it totally goes to you!!!

looks like so much fun!!
great work!

Elise said...

Really... you are like super mom. My future kids are probably going to be so disappointed with me if they ever meet you.

Lindsay said...

I love it! We started doing a fun dinner like that last year for the first time and it is in the plans to do it next week. Owen thought it was the greatest thing ever last year so I am sure Jackson will really catch on next year for sure! Owen has talked and talked about it all year long. I came across that mummy pizza idea too and thought about trying it. WE'll see! And I LOVE the idea of swamp water floats...I may have to steal it :) ANd the hand coming out of the dip...PERFECT!!

Anonymous said...

That is the CUTEST idea I have ever seen! You are such a great mom!!!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

you are by far the cutest mom in the world!!! those things are sooo cute. i don't think i'll ever be like that.

Jessica said...

Oh my heck! That looks so fun! Your food looks awesome! Your kids must love you, you're the funnest mom!!! Those books do look so great. We'll have to get some for Trevan for Christmas! Are you still working on doing your own for Jack?