Friday, February 4, 2011

Big Girl Bed

Avery has been sleeping in a big girl bed for about a month now and she has done so well with the transition. We have a whole new routine where we read books before bed and she actually is excited to go to bed now. She is so funny because before she was never really attached to anything but now that she has been sleeping in a bed, she has to have her baba, blanks, and baby tiger before she goes to sleep. I think it all started when she wanted me to lay down with her to help her go to sleep (I did that with Jack for a year and I didn't want to start the habit with her) but instead I told her that baby tiger would lay down with her and she has slept with him ever since. Now if we could only wean her off that darn bottle I could start potty training...

Here she is just after waking up from a nap. I really wanted to get her a sleigh bed and I found this one super cheap off of KSL. I love the creamy tan color and it goes really well with the rest of her furniture. The quilt on her bed is the baby quilt I started when she was around 5 months old. I have finally finished everything but the binding. It's not exactly a twin quilt but it works for now because she doesn't even want any covers over her anyways.



3 comments:

Grace said...

She looks so little in that bed. I love the quilt too, it's so pretty.

melimba said...

So so cute!
Man, isn't it amazing how they seem so old as soon as they are in a LEGIT big kid bed? Crazy!!
What a darling sleigh bed! I love it! And your little quilt is so cute! Avery must be a hot body, like Tillie. Matilda NEVER wants blankets on her! So weird!!
Anyway, good work!

oh, and I just looked at your kitchen remodel pictures. Guess who bought primer and white paint from Home Depot yesterday?! Yep. That'd be me. You've inspired me to refinish our kitchen cabinets. Although ours won't look nearly as awesome as yours with the bead board and molding (sp?)---it's going to be an improvement!

So, thanks for the motivation!!

Unknown said...

I love that bed. So cute. And your quilt is darling. Good work!