Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wicked, pro football game, and sleeping in


This last weekend Landon and I took a trip to Denver just the two of us.  It was a much needed break and it was soooo much fun!  Nothing like spending time with my sweetheart with no kids to chase around and worry about (thanks to my mom and dad for watching the kids while we were gone!)  We flew in on Sunday morning and just relaxed the rest of the day.  That night we rode the light rail into town and walked around the 16th street mall, had Cheesecake Factory cheesecake for dessert and then made our way to the theatre where we had tickets to the Broadway tour of Wicked!  It was incredible and I loved every second of it! Definitely the highlight of my trip!!  





The next day we slept in until 9:00 (which was super heavenly) and then ate breakfast at this amazing restaurant called Snooze. The food was so fresh and delicious! I would go back there in a heartbeat!


(We also spent some time with our friends Chris and Sarah Wren who traveled down with us)


Later that day we headed back down to the mall and shopped and shopped and shopped!  That night we made our way to mile high stadium where we watched the Bronco vs. Steeler game (sad day to be a Bronco fan)!  This was definitely Landon's highlight of the trip :) 

(This is from Landon's phone and I don't know how to enlarge it!)

 The next day we slept in again and then went to a movie.  We did some more shopping, eating, and relaxing and then headed back to the airport.  It was a fun three days but I was so ready to see my kids!

3 comments:

Sara said...

So fun! I would never think to go to Denver on a getaway trip since I was raised there- but seriously, it looked like it was a great trip! Maybe we need to consider it! Oh and, so excited for the Steelers despite my roots!

Erin K said...

That sounds like so much fun. Mike and I went to vegas once without Jaden and he says he doesn't want to go on another trip without the kids. sad. i do. That top pic of Landon looks just like your kids!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I'm glad you had so much fun! Matt and I love Denver and are really missing Colorado. We used to eat at the Cheesecake at 16th Street once a month. So jealous! I bet it was refreshing to sleep in and spend so much uninterrupted time together. You two are such cute parents :-)