I finally bought photoshop cs4 and I have to admit that I have no idea what I am doing!!! I knew it would be confusing, but I didn't think it would be this confusing. I need help people! I did order a book by Scott Kelby but I am a little too impatient to wait for it, so any tips or suggestions from anyone would be appreciated!! I did come across this website
the pioneer woman where I found some free
actions to download. I was able to come up with these lovelies (but seriously this was about it). I know it will take time to learn but it is super overwhelming. (This post is kinda a lame excuse to post more pictures of these cuties...)
(I know his eyes look way too white, but I didn't know how to change it and I still like the picture, Landon thinks it looks creepy..haha)
6 comments:
dear kelsi.
yeah, Photoshop is a beast. I have had it for years, but have to admit, it's a little overwhelming. So, I'm very proud that you have been motivated and purchased a book to help. I STILL have no idea what I'm doing, but I haven't invested the time to learn.
One thing that I love for Adobe Illustrator is online e-tutorials. Those are great. And, sometimes you can even find VIDEOS--so the person is actually DOING it in front of you. I bet they have something similar to that for Photoshop.
All I can say is this: GOOD LUCK!
You'll be great in no time, I'm sure! You go, girl!
Let me know if you want anything specific Kelsi. I teach the entire Adobe Masters Collection in the highschool and while we use CS3, it is just a little different than CS4.
Oh my heck, Photoshop=the dumbest I've ever been! I seriously can't figure it out for the life of me! I even tried downloading your actions and trying it. I see them, they are there, but I can't get anything to happen! I try every once in a while to go play around with it, but I just give up and hardly even touch the thing. I just need to take the time to read a book or find videos online, but seriously it would be so nice to be able to take a class! I would love to make my photos look nice! BTW did you change your blog template so that you can make your pictures big? I have tried mine on the new editor thing but they are too big for my template I think.
Let me know if you have any questions. I usually use actions the most w/ my pictures, but I have started to do things manually, which is harder, but it is fun to learn :). I do all my digital scrapbooking on it, and I know a lot about that, so let me know if you have any questions :).
There are a ton of tutorial videos on youtube that might help you learn how to use a few of the tools. I took a class at UVU that they offer online and LOVED IT! Its Art1400
Hey Kelsi,
I hope you don't mind my commenting and viewing your blog every so often. It's so stinkin' cute and it's fun to see what you guys are up to!
My brother-in-law (graphic designer) said that www.lynda.com is the best way to learn photoshop. It has tutorials that are actually understandable! Cody and I are trying to learn about it as well. Hope this helps!
Maegan Graham (Landon's cousin)
Post a Comment