Monday, December 9, 2013

Sugar Cookies

The kids and I had a really good time decorating sugar cookies.  I sometimes dread this tradition because it ends in tears and huge messes but this year was awesome!  The kids rolled out their own dough, cut their own cookies, and decorated every last cookie without any help from me.  I just sat back and let them decorate to their hearts desire!  They were loving it!  They were also being unusually polite and not fighting at all (like "Jack will you please pass me the red frosting? Thank you" "Yes, definitely.  Here you go.") Where are my kids and what have you done with them...haha!  It was a really proud mom moment. I think it just comes with the territory of getting older. Sometimes I get a little sad that they are getting older but I mostly just love it!  






After all the cookies were decorated Jack begged me to plate them up and let him and Avery deliver them to some friends.  I was hesitant because they weren't the prettiest cookies you have ever seen.  I was put in my place when he said "mom, Christmas is for giving. I want to be a good friend and deliver these cookies." How could I say no. Love that boy.






No comments: