Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of july weekend

I love that the 4th of July landed on a Sunday because we got to celebrate it all weekend long and Landon even got the day off on Monday!

Saturday morning my mom picked me and the kids up and we headed over to this block party in Alpine where they had a ton of food and some fun blow up jumpy things.  Jack was in heaven!  It was a great way to start our day! I didn't get very many pictures though because my camera died right when I got there. After spending a few hours there we came home and both the kids took a long nap and I did some much needed  yard work. 

Later that night we headed over to my parent's house and had a delicious barbecue with homemade ice cream and smores! 


Avery doing some poppers!




We made some homemade icecream and Jack wanted some so bad he kept asking if it was done.


Aves smelling the flowers...


The boys played a lot of croquet.


My dad grilling away.

The delicious, amazing food. My mom went all out. Holy cow, the best food ever!



I had to add these pictures of Holly and Mike. I love these two!


Are they cute or what?!


We also had a lovely firework show planned but when the first one went off  both kids freaked out big time (and cried for a half an hour after).  Here we are trying to enjoy the fireworks inside the house...they still didn't want to have one thing to do with fireworks.`

Hmm...maybe next year?

4 comments:

Beth said...

so fun! Hey did you get my message about that clogging class??? You should come! It starts tonight and is going to be super fun!

Unknown said...

Those pics are so cute yet sad of the two crying :-(. Looks like you guys had a great weekend.

Sarah said...

that picture of them both crying is so sad but hilarious! we didn't even attempt fireworks cause i figured Aiden would do the same :) it was so fun seeing you at that block party! avery and jack are so dang cute! glad you had such a fun weekend.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Your little kids are so adorable! I love their red and blue outfits... and, yes, their fireworks crying picture. Too cute!