Monday, July 19, 2010

Bear Lake 2010


We just got back from our fabulous trip to Bear Lake and we are missing our daily beach trips really bad!  This trip was one of the best trips I have been on.  I think it was so great because both the kids slept so well so I didn't have cranky tired kids (and parents) to worry about like I have had to on all of our other trips. 

This year we stayed in a big cabin with Landon's family and we had a really great time.  We played games or watched movies almost every night after the kids were asleep.  The kids loved playing with cousin Browen and I think Avery's new favorite person is Aunt Jessica. 

We arrived Monday afternoon  and the first thing we noticed when we got to the cabin were the dozens of chipmunks we saw running around.  After we got unpacked Landon and Jack went out and started feeding them.  It was pretty funny to see these little animals munching away on dorritos :)  These chipmunks became a highlight for Avery during the week.  She just loved watching them out on the porch.



We had to have a cousin bath picture... (look how tan Jack is...or maybe the other two are just really white)


Aunt Jessica and Aunt Mandi watching the chipmunks with Browen and Avery.


These pictures are from our first day at the beach.  We brought a ton of sand toys so the kids stayed busy building sand castles and dumping piles of sand into the lake.






I love this picture... 
Jack just loves life.


If your kids watch special agent Oso then maybe you can recall the episode Sand Castle Royal.  Well Jack was a pro at building  sand castles because of that episode, "more sand, pack it down, more sand, pack it down" haha.



All of us Taylor's  rented a jet ski for a few hours and we each got a turn to take it out for a while.  It was a three person jet ski so we thought Jack would love to come out with us.  He really loved it and his favorite part was when he got to sit in the front and drive it.

This boy zonked out at 7:30 almost every night.  We sure tired him out!


Avery loved to hold hands with anyone that would and take them on walks.  I found Jack and Avery walking around outside the cabin holding hands so I had to snap a few pictures.



Another day at the beach and Avery is taking uncle Jeff on a walk.



We also got to take Landon's cousin's boat out on the lake.  Avery wasn't so sure about it but she eventually warmed up to it and almost fell asleep.

Landon and Jack jumped off the side of the boat but Jack wouldn't do it again because he said it was way too cold!


Some other highlights of the trip that I didn't take pictures of were:
-Jack swimming for hours everyday at the pool and sliding down the twisty slide
-getting ice cream cones everyday 
-playing at the park
-playing mafia with a bunch of cousins and aunts and uncles
-date night at La Beaus while Grandpa Steve and Aunt Meg watched the kids
-hiking to Bloomington Lake holy cow, so beautiful!
-Jack and Landon playing mini golf and loving it

Best trip ever!

7 comments:

Erin K said...

i've never been to bear lake but am determined to go now because of your post! looks like a blast!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

I haven't been to bear lake FOREVER! That looks so fun. I love all your pics - especially Jack jumping! Soooo dang cute!

Jessica said...

That looks like so much fun! You got some pretty cute pictures of the kids!!! Jayda loves S.A.O. too!

Laura said...

Fun fun! I love that pic, too, where Jack is jumping. Hey - I need to get those pics of Scotty from ya. Email me? You're awesome!

melimba said...

ahhh, gotta love family reunions! Yours looks like it was a blast! You're making me get excited for ours next week! NICE!

My favorite pictures were of Jack jumping on the beach (love that--and he had some nice air!) and then Jack's face when he and Landon jumped off the boat! PRICELESS! hA!

Fun post! AND, Kelsi, your hair is DARLING! I love the color too!

Landonstaylor@gmail.com said...

Sweetie, thanks for the great post....this is a good way to remember the great trip and all the fun details! Love ya

Halvorsen Family said...

What a blast! Sounds so much fun! We need to go. I love all the cute pictures you took, hope all is well with you guys and stay in touch! :)