Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I want to remember now...

Sometimes I wish I could stay at this stage forever.  I want to capture every little funny, or crazy, or cute thing that my kids do.  Yes, I can't wait to sleep through the night for once in my life and I can't wait for the day when I can just pack up and go on a long vacation without any worries, but for now I love watching my kids interact with each other.  I love hearing Jack sing in the car.  I love how Avery lights up when she sees me.  I love Jack's little voice and all the words he is learning to say, "oops a dasies" might be my favorite :)  I love that Avery scoots her little self around and follows me all over the house.  And I really want to remember a few of these things about them:


DSC_3625


Jack at 2 1/2:
-LOVES his blue blankie.  He has to have it wherever he goes.  It comforts him like nothing else can and I love that.

-He might be the smartest person I know :)  He has this crazy memory and soaks up everything we say and read.  He has memorized books and ALL of the baby signing time signs. He knows all the Abc's, the sounds they make, upercase and lowercase, and in sign language!  He points out every letter he sees and just loves letters.  He can count to 20 (cutest thing ever) and also points out every number he sees!  There is nothing more rewarding then watching your child learn things and apply them!  I love it!

-He is such a sweet boy. He has a very sensitive side to him that melts my heart. If he sees anyone crying he gets really sad and starts crying too (nursery has been kinda difficult because of this.)  He has NEVER ever hurt Avery and actually Avery is the one that climbs all over him :)  If Avery takes his toy he always finds something else to give her before he takes his toy back.

 -He has such a sweet side but can also be a stinker!  He is a complete angel at home but if we are out in public he is a terror!  He doesn't like to sit in a stroller and if we let him out he runs where he pleases and is gone!  The child has so much energy and has a mind of his own and if we try to stop him from doing what he wants he starts screaming at the top of his lungs.  I seriously wonder why I even leave my house sometimes.

-He is all BOY.  He loves all kinds of sports, getting dirty, throwing rocks, the color blue, and anything that has to do with outside!!  He RUNS everywhere he goes and he is fast!!  He has so much energy and he would live outside if he could.

Avery at 10 months:
-She has finally started crawling or what I like to call the army crawl. She is fast and follows me everywhere I go.

-I call her my angel baby because she has been one easy baby!!  She takes long naps, she sleeps all night, she entertains herself forever doing whatever she does, and she is generally just happy.  She is everything you expect a good baby to be.

-She has this smile that just brightens up my whole day.  We will do anything to get her to smile.

-She also loves to follow Jack around especially when he has a fun toy :)  He is one person that can really get her to laugh.  She has taken after his screaming habit though and I don't know if I can handle another screamer!

-She is quite the imitator.  When Jack laughs, she laughs.  When Jack screams, she screams.  It cracks me up!

-She is so little.  She is only in the 10th percentile for her weight and I totally love it!  Her head on the other hand is huge!  Her head is in the 70th percentile, haha.

-She is Landon's little mini me.  Whenever I see them together I just can't get over how much they look alike.  Maybe it's the big head :) 

-Hallelujah she is weaned!  I stressed over this transition but of course she took to the bottle like a pro.

PS. Right now they are chasing each other around Avery's crib and laughing hysterically.  LOVE them!

2 comments:

The Gregory's said...

I love it! I love reading about your kids! It makes me want to have two! :)

melimba said...

ok, ok. so, i got back on a flight to Utah and was thinking this is the last time I travel with just ONE kiddo, and thinking, "now, are we crazy to do two kids so close in age??"---and then I read your blog post. And, now, I don't feel so scared. :)
So, thanks. It seems, when I click over here to your neck of the woods, it makes me excited about having TWO. :)
I agree about what you said, I just want to remember EVERY little thing and just freeze it sometimes.

good work, team taylor.
xoxo
melis