Thursday, June 14, 2018

Trinidad Day 1

For our big summer trip this year we thought it would be fun to take the kids to northern California and explore the redwoods. Landon has a friend who grew up in Eureka, California and he gave us a bunch of fun things to do. We ended up finding the most beautiful cozy home in Trinidad, which is about 30 minutes north of Eureka. The home was on about 1 acre of land surrounded by redwood trees with a view of the ocean. It was seriously magical. The home was beautifully remodeled and exactly how I would build a home someday. It was just perfect for us! Miss Sadie Lady was a little bit under the weather the whole trip so we spent a lot of time lounging around the house while she was sleeping but we loved it. The weather was nice and cool and we  had a hot tub out on the back porch and the kids spent a lot of time in there. We flew into Medford Oregon and then drove three hours to get to Trinidad. We were surrounded by redwoods the whole three hour drive and it was seriously the most beautiful drive I have been on. This sounds cheesy but I seriously was changed by this trip. The redwoods are breathtaking. I need to get out in nature more because I was just in awe the whole trip. I don't know if the kids appreciated the beauty as much as Landon and  i did but atleast they can say they've seen the redwoods! 
























No comments: