Wednesday, February 3, 2016

1st gymnastics meet

Avery had her first level two gymnastics meet this week. She did AWESOME! It was so fun watching her at each event because I know how hard she has worked to perfect and clean her routines. It is exhilarating as a parent watching your children grow and develop their talents. I have seen tears and I have seen triumphs and Avery has put in so many hours of hard work. She is at the point now where every night before bed she wants to "condition" so she can get stronger and more flexible. She does push ups, runs on the treadmill, works on her splits and practices her back walkovers. She amazes me at all she can do. She is one strong cookie and her routines were so clean and polished. Landon and my parent's came to watch her compete and they were in awe at how good she is getting. My mom came to one of Avery's first gym performances when she was 3 or 4 and she couldn't believe how much she had improved! Here are each of her events on video. She got at 9.5 on floor, a 9.3 on beam, a 9.0 on vault and a 8.5 on bars (because of that sad fall at the end!) I was so proud of her!


No comments: