Wednesday, January 27, 2016

life lately

 One of our favorite date nights is to go to a yummy restaurant in dowtown Salt Lake for dinner and then to a Jazz game.  Good food for me. Basketball for him. Win win.

This baby boy has me wrapped around his finger.  He is so much fun. That smile makes my heart flutter :)

Jack never ceases to amaze me. I got a call from his school a few months ago letting me know that he had earned a spot in the school spelling bee. The two top spellers in each class from 3rd-8th grade  were able to compete in the school spelling bee.  Jack and his friend Ujon (sitting next to him) competed in their class and won the two top spots!  My mom, dad and I were able to come to the school spelling bee and watch him compete against the rest of the school. It was a huge deal and it was pretty intense!  He did so well and he was so composed and mature.  I was so proud of him. He lasted pretty long but got out on the word crumb! That darn silent b! He handled it so well though.

This winter has been BRUTAL!  Miles has been constantly sick since the beginning of December. Here he is sleeping in our room after a super fitful night sleep.

In Hawaii we got the kids fun Hawaiian gear to wear. We were having a particularly hard day being cooped up inside so we decided to pull out our Hawaii clothes and pretend for just a second that we were back in Hawaii.




I went on a little date with my little buddy. We went to Wendy's and had chicken nuggets and fries and chocolate frosties.  He is so easy when he is by himself.  I love one on one time with my kids.



I got to go with Miles and Georgia on a Bear Hollow field trip. We went sledding up American Fork canyon. There was SO MUCH snow it was crazy! The kids loved sledding but after about an hour they were cold and ready to go home. We ended the day with hot chocolate and a sack lunch.


My sous chef. He loves to help me cook.  Every time I make anything he climbs right up onto the counter and helps me out. He is patient and follows my directions so it is actually quit pleasant and helpful.

We live close to my parent's and we are in their same ward.  I LOVE it and of course so do my kids. Sunday during sacrament meeting has never been easier. Here is my mom giving Miles a nice massage to keep him entertained.  We are spoiled!

Homemade Wingers for dinner!  Asphalt pie was waiting in the freezer.

Avery had some friends over and we thought it would be fun to get dressed up and go get some gourmet cupcakes. The girls loved it and of course so did Miles and Owen.

Buzz and Buzz. Melt my heart. These two boys together can be soooo hard but sometimes they play well together...sometimes.


No comments: