We had a day off of school on Martin Luther King Jr. Day so I planned a fun little getaway in Midway with the family. We checked into The Homestead Sunday afternoon and headed straight to the pool. Not much has changed from when my parent's took us kids probably 20 years ago! It is a fun memory I have and I wanted my kids to experience the same thing. My little boys did not want to get out of the water when it was time to go! The 95 plus degree pool was a game changer!
After we got back to our room Avery helped the little boys into their jammies and then we all snuggled in bed and watched Shrek until it was time to go to bed around 8:30. In our hotel room their was a little side room with bunk beds where the big kids slept. As I was laying down with Miles trying to get him to bed I could hear Jack and Avery laughing and playing in their room and I couldn't help but smile and let them play away. Memory making at its finest.
The next morning we got up early and headed to breakfast at Fanny's Grill in the basement of the hotel. The kids were so excited to eat a yummy breakfast of pancakes and eggs. We all got a mug of hot chocolate and whipped cream to go with our meal. After breakfast we headed back to the pool and did some more swimming.
After we were done swimming we went back to our room, got dressed and relaxed for a little bit. Then we decided to walk to the crater and check it out. Owen's hands were getting cold so I taught him to put them in his pocket. Watching him walk around with his little hands in his pocket was the cutest thing ever!
After we were done swimming we went back to our room, got dressed and relaxed for a little bit. Then we decided to walk to the crater and check it out. Owen's hands were getting cold so I taught him to put them in his pocket. Watching him walk around with his little hands in his pocket was the cutest thing ever!
Right after I took this picture I accidentally bumped into Owen and he face planted onto the gravel road! He had his hands in his pockets so he wasn't able to catch himself and his nose got most of the impact. So sad!
We had two things planned for the day. Ice castles at 1 and tubing at Soldier Hollow at 2. The kids were so excited to explore the ice castles and when we got there I was blown away! It was huge with tons of different rooms, slides made of ice, music playing in the background, a huge water fountain, little tunnels and alcoves and we met Anna, Elsa and Kristoff when we were all done. The snow was gently falling and the weather wasn't too cold which made everything more enjoyable. We were there for 45 minutes and it wasn't enough time at all! We are definitely going back this winter.
Tubing was our last stop of the day and I think everyone was tired because Miles cried the whole time we were in line to get on the tube lift. As soon as we started moving though he was loving it! We made it on a couple runs and decided to call it a day. After stripping off all our wet snow clothes we sipped hot chocolate in the car and then drove home. It was a quick trip but we packed a lot in and memories were made! I love doing stuff like this with my family!


































No comments:
Post a Comment