These cookies go way back to when my mom was a little girl. This is my great nana's recipe and I know she would make these cookies for my mom when she came home from school. I have one of the original copies of the recipe and I treasure it. This is basically a peanut butter cookie recipe with a chocolate candy pushed in the center as soon as the cookies come out of the oven. The chocolate melts and gets all soft and drippy. My great nana used to make the cookies with star shaped chocolates, my moms likes to use Hershey kisses and I love to use heart shaped dove chocolates. Whenever I see these chocolate hearts for sale around Valentines day I like to stock up and use them to make these cookies. My kids devour them and I love to deliver them to friends and neighbors.
You know they are ready to eat when the chocolates start to melt and get nice and shiny.
Miles helped me make these cookies and as soon as they were out of the oven and cool enough to eat he devoured! It was so cute watching his facial expressions! He was doing exactly what I wanted to do when I took the first bite!
Mmmmm...so good!
He loved licking the warm chocolate off the cookies.
Haha! He just could not handle how good they were!
Counting all the cookies.














No comments:
Post a Comment