Landon and I just got back from an amazing trip to California and no we did not bring our kids! Are we the meanest parent's or what?! Who doesn't bring their kids to Disneyland?
After the two miscarriages I told Landon I needed a vacation to forget about all of my woes. Not a relaxing vacation, I needed a vacation where I was busy and didn't have time to think about things. What better place to forget about my troubles then the "happiest place on earth!"
We planned to go the middle of September and the timing could not have been more perfect. I actually had another miscarriage at the beginning of September which caused some depression. This third miscarriage has been the hardest to swallow because I feel like the one thing I want so bad, another sweet baby, may not be possible for me again. Disneyland was the perfect place to stay busy and keep my mind off of the heartache and hopelessness I felt. We spent two full days from 10 am to 8 pm and another day from 9 am to 12 pm walking around Disneyland and California Adventure. We had sore legs and feet and we were completely exhausted when we got to our hotel each night but we loved every second of it!
Even though it was nice not to have to worry about the kids I wanted them to be there so bad! After almost every ride Landon and I would turn to each other and say, "the kids would love this ride!" We are planning another trip to Disneyland next year and the kids are definitely coming with us! This trip would not have been possible though if it wasn't for my amazing parent's! They watched our kids for the 4 days we were gone and I didn't have to worry about them at all! We got home late so I didn't get to see the kids until they woke up. When Avery came into my room in the morning I was so excited to see her and the first thing she said was "I want nana (what they call my mom)..." Yeah, they didn't miss us at all...
The first day of our trip we flew in to the Long Beach airport around noon, got our rental car, and drove along the Pacific Coat Highway until we made it to Huntington Beach. I LOVE this beach and grew up vacationing here with my family almost every year! Landon and I lived in Costa Mesa (which is 15 from Huntington Beach) for 4 months when we first got married so we have many fond memories of this beach. After we ate lunch at Ruby's we drove around our old stomping grounds and saw the apartment we lived in.

We stayed in a hotel right across from the main gates of Disneyland which was so nice! Landon snapped this picture on his morning run around Anaheim.

I didn't even bring my camera but we snapped a few pictures with Landon's phone. Here we are on our first day at Disneyland waiting for the parade. The weather was perfect, the lines were short, and the food was amazing! Disneyland did not disappoint!


Here I am at California Adventure. I love this park too!

On our last day we spent the morning at Disneyland before heading to Crystal Cove beach in Laguna Beach. The last time we went to Crystal Cove was right before we moved back to Utah 4 years ago. We loved this beach because you can see all different kinds of sea life living among the cliffs and large rocks surrounding the water.




10 comments:
Yay for a happy trip! I think the Taylor family should definitely move to California :) Us Murphy's would love that! Sorry to hear about the hard times you've been having though. You are a strong, inspirational, and wonderful woman, and I know you already know this but things will work out for the best (you deserve nothing less!) Keep your chin up...you'll be in my prayers.
I miss California too! Such a fun place. Glad you guys had fun. And goodness, I'm so sorry about that hardship. Don't give up yet! I'll keep you in my prayers, girl.
what a fun trip!! that's the perfect little getaway. as hard as it might be to leave the kids behind, it's so nice to just spend time as the two of you i'm sure. we're leaving our kids next week and it was good to read how the kids didn't seem to miss you too much (cause they had so much fun at grandpa and grandmas I'm sure) and that they just asked for breakfast when they saw you :) i'm sure it will be the same for our kids!
i'm so sorry for all you have been through lately. you are amazing kels and I know everything will work out. i'm be thinking and praying for you!
Kelsey,
What a tough thing. Seems like God always has a plan for us that we wouldn't choose. In the end it will all work out just how it should, but in the moment it can be really hard. Glad you got a little break. Looks like fun!
Disneyland - um YES please!! We are planning on taking the girls next year too!!! So glad you did that for yourselves!
and Kels - I am so sorry! I'm sure what you're going through is insanely hard.... Please please call us if you need to take your mind of stuff - we'd love to see you guys again SOON!
Oh Sweetie, sorry about your miscarriages. That's just a heartbreaking thing to go through once, I can't imagine three times. You're family will be in my prayers. I have no doubt there is a greater plan for your family! Disneyland!!! I'm so jealous! I haven't been for 14 years... since before there was California Adventure! I'm sure your trip next year will be SO fun too, I hear there is nothing like seeing the joy and excitement in your kids eyes! However, I trip with just the hubby sounds heavenly and you deserved every minute : )
It was so good to see you the other day Kelsi. I'm glad you had such a good trip to california. I always love reading about your family. You have a beautiful family! :)
Kels-
I'm so sorry for the tough time you are going through. Know that I am thinking of you lots and praying even more! You are such a fabulous mom! So happy you guys took the time to have some time with just the two of you. Something I need to do. :-)
Im so so sorry about all of your miscarriages. But Im happy you had a great trip you deserve it!
I'd be ok if you moved here. Glad you guys got a chance to get away and for a little bit without the kids. Although, if you ever go to Disneyland again and don't tell me you are here, I may never speak to you again.
Post a Comment