Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sweet Sue


Sweet Grandma Sue, Landon's mom passed away yesterday.
It was quit unexpected but we knew it wasn't far off because of her health issues.
10 years ago she had a stroke that crippled half of her body and left her struggling to do the things she once could. 
She has been battling with her broken body for the last 10 years.
Now she is whole again running, jumping, dancing and watching over us in Heaven like she never could here on Earth.

I wish I could have known her before the stroke.
I am told she was  AMAZING, dynamic, full of energy, smart, always serving.  
I loved the person I knew though.  She was all of these things but with a body that couldn't do everything she wanted to do.
She got things done though. 
She has a great husband who took care of her and did whatever she asked.  
Her kids loved her to death and did everything they could to make her burden lighter.  
She has amazing friends who she called several times a day and they always dropped everything to be at her side.
She was smart and remembered things like no one else.
I always valued her opinion because she knew what she was talking about.
She told me I looked good in yellow and after that I bought a few yellow shirts :)

She LOVED her grandkids.  
They were a bright spot in her life and I am glad they got to know her if even for a short time.
Landon was so good to his mom.
Whenever we went over to his parent's house he would go and "gerbalize" or snuggle with his mom in bed and they would just talk, and talk.  Cutest thing ever.
She called him multiple times a day and he always joked and laughed with her.
For the last few weeks he had been going to her house to help her with some physical therapy and have breakfast with her.
He is the amazing person that he is because of her.  They are a lot a like and I am so glad that she raised him well.
  
It will always be a comfort knowing she is up watching us and protecting us in Heaven.
She is probably dancing with my future babies right now.
I can't wait to see her again.  
Whole 
and
perfect.

14 comments:

Sara said...

So sorry to hear this, but I am glad to know she is whole again and that we have the knowledge we do of the plan of salvation. You and your whole family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Erin K said...

It's a sweet and motivating thing when you have a parent in heaven watching over you. I can tell she was awesome because of her two children I know. Our prayers are with you guys.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute. She was a wonderful lady who raised darling boys! Our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with your family.

melimba said...

We heard first thing this morning from Casey (blake and aaron's friend). I've been thinking about your sweet family all day, Landon.

Kelsi, that was a really great tribute. And, she was totally right, you do look great in yellow! :)

Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
lots of love,
melis

Mark said...

Wonderful post about a wonderful woman. I never personally got to meet her, but I feel like I know her because I know Landon. (Plus, he looks just like her!)

Sarah said...

wow so sorry to hear this. we are so lucky to know the plan of salvation and know that she is happy and healthy now. you'll be in our prayers.

Grace said...

I'm sorry to hear it. I hope Landon is doing well and tell him we love him.

Jessica said...

That was really beautiful Kels! I heard the news yesterday, and was so sorry to hear it! I know she has been sick for awhile, and you are so right! She is totally dancing and happy and free! It is such a great knowledge we have to know that! She will be a wonderful guardian angel for your family! Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Kaeloni said...

Sorry to hear that! I'm glad she's in a better place tho! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Imperfect Pie said...

Our hearts are full for you and Landon. Please know that we love you. His mom was a great woman. Please give Landon's dad a warm shoulder from us. I am sorry for your loss.

David and Janelle

Halvorsen Family said...

We're so sorry about you Landon's mom. We send our love and prayers your way, and hope that you are doing well. Thank heaven we know and have the gospel in our lives! We love you guys and if need anything please let us know. 801.910.7991 We love you guys.

Lindsay said...

So sorry to hear this guys. We are thinking of you and praying for you.

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Oh my gosh --- I'm so sorry to hear that!! I hope you're family is doing okay. That was a really sweet post!

The Tengelsens said...

We are so sorry to heat about this. We will be praying for you!