Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Potty Training in 3 days: Day 1



Today was the day I have been dreading for a while. Potty training. I knew Jack was ready (probably a while ago) but I just kept putting it off and putting it off. I have to be honest though, I was getting sick of changing so many diapers. I had to start this potty training someday.

Today we conquered the dreaded potty training, and it wasn't really that bad at all. I had 25 pairs of underwear, his potty seat and step stool and a ton of juice. I pretty much hovered around Jack the whole day, checking his underwear, asking him if he had to go potty like 100 times, filling sippy cup after sippy cup of juice, changing underwear, washing hands and disinfecting everything. Luckily it paid off pretty quick. I rushed him to the potty at the slightest sound of peeing (sorry, this is kinda graphic) and the first time he actually peed on the potty he started laughing so hard (maybe because I instantly started cheering and jumping up and down. I was so proud.) After that he knew when he had to go and he would either run into the bathroom or tell me he had to go. He still can't hold it very well and usually half of his pee ends up on his underwear but I still have two days to go. Hopefully things will just get better. Now I just need to get him to poop on the potty ( I can't believe I am writing about this.)

5 comments:

Kaeloni said...

Wow! HELP! 3 days? I've tried for almost 3 years, ok well not really, but probably about a year and he won't do anything. If it works I want your secrets! Good luck with the rest!

Erin K said...

That's so funny I was just about to blog about Jaden being trained. I have tried 3 times previously and on Mikes bday she just said i want my big girl underwear and she has had 3 accidents in like ten days. such a relief. i guess i just had to wait til she was ready. good luck. he'll do awesome.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Just 3 days? Woohoo! My mom always says that when boys are ready, they're ready haha. When I was younger, my sisters and I put Jasmine underwear on our then-2-year-old brother and that's all it took... but my other little brothers took a few weeks to get it down. So way to go, Jack! What a big boy :-)

Jessica said...

HOORAY! Good luck - it is NOT fun! We just finished potty training Emma - we are on day 4 with NO accidents. My ONLY advice is not to get mad when he does have accidents - it screws it all up!

Steph and David said...

Haha! I love this! I have been wondering if I should potty train Ella and what is the best way to get it done. Sounds like it is kinda hard but fast. What it the best way to clean carpets? I am sure I will be blogging about El being potty trained too. Good luck with everything!!!