There is nothing too exciting going on at the Taylor's. We are just loving this warm weather and we have been taking long walks everyday. I have been reading a lot lately and that has kinda taken the place of blogging. I just finished the Kite Runner and I am wondering if there are any good books out there that any of you would recommend. I love having a book to read because I feel like I can escape to another world for a while even in the middle of a chaotic day. Well, I can't end this post without a picture but I have been really bad at taking pictures lately so here are a few random ones of Avery.

4 comments:
I love the Kite Runner!! It was one of my favorites. But his second book, "A Thousand Splendid Suns" was actually better to me. It really stuck with me a lot more. It's from the womens' perspective in that kind of life.
I also LOVED "These is My Words"...it's one of Janelle's favorites too. You should really read that one.
"The Hiding Place" is a top 5 for me too. True story.
Also--"The Book Thief"...awesome awesome book.
I'm impressed that you're getting some reading in! That's great!
I haven't actually read the Kite Runner, but loved "A Thousand Splendid Suns." I was reading the above comment and I second "These is My Words"--loved that one. I also love almost anything by Elizabeth Berg, and Maeve Binchy is also a good storyteller--anything by her is good. For something fun and entertaining, the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella is my favorite. The first one is "Confessions of a Shopaholic." She also wrote one that's not a part of the series called "Can You Keep A Secret?" that I think is hilarious. If you like mystery, Mary Higgins Clark and Harlen Coben are good authors that I like.
By the way, I love the picture of Avery in that adorable red dress!
I agree about A Thousand Splendid Suns, it was amazing. I am total book worm, so I would love to lend you some!
hey kelsi its amber if u havent read the twilight series u should! there great!
Post a Comment