I love hearing other women's labor and delivery stories and even though mine is not too exciting I thought it would be fun to share. I was scheduled to be induced on the 4th between 9 and 11 am and sure enough at 9:30 they called and said they would be ready for us at 10:30. So after we got situated at the hospital my nurse started the pitocin around 11 am and things started progressing really fast. My doctor came and broke my water around 12:30 and that's when I decided to get the epidural. A half an hour after my epidural I started to feel shaky and dizzy and so we decided to turn the epidural off so I could start to feel a little more normal. Well, that was not smart because the contractions were so close together and so strong that I started to feel a ton of pain. The nurse just said what the heck lets just check to see how far along you are and much to her surprise I was fully dilated! She started rushing around getting everything ready and then called the doctor and told him to hurry over! He arrived at about 2 pm and after 4 pushes Avery was born! I remember looking at Landon after she was born and saying did I just do that? It was so fast and easy that we didn't really have to time to think about anything. She had the cord wrapped around her neck twice and when she came out she was super blue! A few minutes later though she was all rosy pink and was screaming her head off and what a wonderful sound that was! She is absolutely the cutest thing and already she is so easy! She sleeps like all day and night and I have to wake her up every 4 hours to feed her. Poor Jack was so sick and staying with my parents so he never got to see her until today and basically he doesn't want to have anything to do with her. That might be a good thing though and hopefully he will warm up to her and get used to having her around. So far we are doing great and loving having both kids home with us. Here are just some pictures we have taken over the last few days that I thought were pretty cute!
She's beautiful! Glad to hear it was such an easy birth! Sorry we didn't make it over on Saturday- sounds like our whole family had whatever Jack had... Maybe this week sometime?
congrats on the little one! She is adorable and so small! It's hard to believe how small they really are and you forget so quickly. I'm glad it was a quick and easy delivery for you! I hate to hear the sad long stories! Hopefully she'll be an angel for you!
Ok, she's ADORABLE and can I just say that you look amazing after just having a baby?? If I look half as good as you do after giving birth, I will be thrilled. You have the cutest family!!
I'm glad you told your story because I love to hear labor and delivery stories too. It makes me happy to hear that some births aren't THAT bad. I'm terrified to have kids. I love all those pictures. You have such a cute family!
Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys. We can't wait until our turn! Just a few days away! :) Good luck with everything, sounds like it's all going perfectly.
She is a doll! Don't you just love how small they are. I can't get enough of my little one. I am so glad that everything in delivery went so well. You look great.
15 comments:
Congrats Kelsi! Glad everything went well! What a cute little family!
How cute. I'm so glad it went so fast and so well! What a blessing! Can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks!
I love hearing delivery stories too, thanks for sharing! The pictures are adorable!
You guys are so cute and those bows she has are adorable. Can't wait to see her.
She's beautiful! Glad to hear it was such an easy birth! Sorry we didn't make it over on Saturday- sounds like our whole family had whatever Jack had... Maybe this week sometime?
congrats on the little one! She is adorable and so small! It's hard to believe how small they really are and you forget so quickly. I'm glad it was a quick and easy delivery for you! I hate to hear the sad long stories! Hopefully she'll be an angel for you!
I'm so glad everything went well. Hope my delivery is that easy! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Congrats again!
She is beautiful!! Congrats! We are so happy for you! :)
Ok, she's ADORABLE and can I just say that you look amazing after just having a baby?? If I look half as good as you do after giving birth, I will be thrilled. You have the cutest family!!
I'm glad you told your story because I love to hear labor and delivery stories too. It makes me happy to hear that some births aren't THAT bad. I'm terrified to have kids. I love all those pictures. You have such a cute family!
well im excited that things went smooth for you! she looks like kelsi so far
Congratulations you guys!! She is absolutely beautiful and I wish I could come snuggle her all day!
Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys. We can't wait until our turn! Just a few days away! :) Good luck with everything, sounds like it's all going perfectly.
She is a doll! Don't you just love how small they are. I can't get enough of my little one. I am so glad that everything in delivery went so well. You look great.
she is so beautiful and your labor sounds pretty much ideal!!! congrats!
Post a Comment