Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve we thought we had better go and visit Santa since we hadn't had the chance yet.  We went to Zuppas for lunch and then headed to the outlets to visit Santa.  We had to wait in a super long line in the freezing cold but it was worth it in the end! He was the sweetest santa and asked the kids if they were doing good in school and being good students. He told the kids he would try his best to get what the kids asked for. 






I love Christmas Eve probably more than I love Christmas day itself!  It's such a magical day! Every year since I can remember we have had a fondu meal on Christmas eve. We have kind of evolved over the years and instead of frying meat in an oil fondu we dip bread and veggies in a cheese fondu, and strawberries, bananas, pound cake, donuts, pretzels and marshmallows in a chocolate fondu. HEAVEN! My parent's also made a yummy steak dinner with potatoes, salad and sparkling cider.  They BEST meal of the year! I was so stuffed by the end of the night but I just could not leave the fondu table! 








After dinner most of the Hunter grandkids put on a little nativity scene for the adults.  It's always so cute! After my parent's brought out all the gifts for the kids and grandkids. This year my parent's got us a ladder and I am so excited about it! Now I can actually change the lightbulbs in our living room without staking two chair on top of my little coffee table haha! The kids all loved their gifts and I am especially loving the Columbia sweatshirts my parent's got each of the kids.
  




We got home from my parent's and they kids changed into their new Christmas pajamas. We opened the ornaments we got for each of the kids.  We did Disney ornaments again this year since we went to Disney World in October. The kids LOVED them! Landon read us the story of Christ's birth from Luke and the kids got Santa's cookies and milk all ready.  They didn't forget carrots for the reindeer either! Then it was time for bed! It took the big kids a long time to fall asleep because they were so excited for Christmas morning! 
























No comments: