Friday, December 4, 2015

Avery turns 7

A little bit about Avery on her 7th birthday: This girl has a heart of gold. She is so friendly and treats everyone so well.  On her birthday the little boys and I ate lunch at school with her and when we got to the lunch room we felt like celebrities!  Everyone kept coming up to us and saying in awe "you are Avery's mom?" Everyone loves Avery and the kids at her table were fighting over who would get to sit by her.  We went out to recess with her after lunch and she ran outside with her group of friends and started chasing the boys haha! She was all over the playground with her friends but she was also helping Miles and Owen climb up onto the playground and she would catch them at the bottom of the slide.  It's so fun to watch my kids in an environment were I don't really ever get to see them in.  Watching her thrive at school and with her friends made my mama heart swell!

For my birthday all I wanted was to watch Avery at gymnastics without the little boys.  It is my favorite thing to watch her in her element.  It has been so fun to watch her progress in gymnastics throughout the years.  She has gone from a timid little girl scared to walk on the beam to a strong and brave gymnast.  She is clean and polished and she looks beautiful performing on the different apparatuses.  She works hard too and I love her determination to perfect something.  She is also a very naturally talented dancer and I love watching her dance.  She started piano lessons in the fall and has really taken to it.  She loves to sit down at the piano and plunk out some songs.  I get to help in Avery's class on Thursdays and I get to see how she does in class. She has the BEST teacher and is a really good student. Her handwriting is better than mine and she is a good artist. Her reading is really improving and she is starting to understand math.

She is one busy girl but she handles everything so well and never complains about going to all her different activities. She helps me out a ton with the little boys and sometimes I think she does a better job then I would at staying patient with them! I always tell her that she is going to be the best mom ever! She is always the one to remind us to say family prayer at night.  She says she feels better when we say a prayer and I hope she always remembers that good feeling when she is doing something right. She is one special little girl and oh so loved!

 This year was our off year for friend birthday party's so we had a nice family party and it was perfect. Avery got to pick out her cake and we invited my mom and dad over. She has been needing a bike for a while so for her birthday she got a new bike and some rollerblades.  She wanted a barbie cake so I had our local grocery store make the cake and it was a hit! She was so excited about it.  It was so yummy too!















No comments: