We thought it would be fun to head to Park City for a little getaway over labor day weekend. I forget how much I love weekend getaways with my crew. Long story short, I am pretty sure we booked the wrong hotel because I had researched something totally different then where we stayed. I thought we were staying somewhere a little bit more family friendly but Landon booked the hotel and something got lost in translation because we ended up staying at the St. Regis...the nicest, ritziest hotel in Park City! Our kids and ritzy don't go well together but we ended up having a really great time. The pools were amazing and there was a little gift shop that sold the best macarons and we probably bought 25 of them...
The hotel was at the top of the mountain and to get to it you had to ride this funicular to the top. My kids loved it! It was a really quick and beautiful ride.
Owen slept horribly the first night but by the second night he was so tired that he zonked right out. Traveling with toddlers is tough stuff.
My absolute favorite part of the trip was riding a ski lift up to some hiking trails and hiking around with my family. I seriously got emotional at how peaceful and joyful I felt hiking in the quiet mountains. I was surrounded by such beauty and the 5 people I love more than anything and I decided right then and there that I need to live in the mountains forever. I seriously felt close to Heaven and there was no doubt in my mind that God created this earth.
After our hike we headed down to Park City Main Street and walked around a bit until we found the cutest book store. I let everyone pick a little something out and I love that my three boys went straight to books. Avery of course went straight to the stuffed animals...
When we got back to the hotel the staff had brought out stuff for smores. Miles and I sat around the huge fire pit and roasted marshmallows while the other kids swam. It was dreamy.
The next day the big kids and I got to ride the Alpine Coaster and Alpine Slide. I have never done the coaster and I had such a good time!
Before heading back to Alpine we stopped at a fun little splash pad. The weather was kinda chilly but the water was really warm so the kids were loving it!

































No comments:
Post a Comment