Monday, October 5, 2015

185th General Conference

One of my favorite weekends of the year is General Conference weekend. I was so spiritually fed that I wish it could happen every weekend. I loved so many talks but my favorite talk that still gives me chills just writing about it was the talk given by Jeffrey R. Holland called "Behold Thy Mother."  Some quotes that stuck out to me...

"No love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child."

"To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle—and all will—I say, “Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are. In fact, you are saviors on Mount Zion, and like the Master you follow, your love ‘never faileth. I can pay no higher tribute to anyone."













I saw these cool temple legos that I thought would be perfect for Jack to do during Conference. I am surprisingly the one who helps Jack with his lego projects (Landon says his brain just does not work that way...) so it was fun to sit down with him and work on this temple.  It came with a page full of facts about the Salt Lake Temple. Jack loved reading and learning about the temple.  We are in the Moyle Park ward which is really close to Moyle Park where John Rowe Moyle lived. He was the one that walked the long distance from Alpine to Salt Lake to carve "Holiness to the Lord" on the side of the temple.  I think we all have a connection to him and the Salt Lake Temple because of it so I knew Jack would love building the temple.  I told him that we will get a new temple every conference and soon have a fun collection to display.  Soon when the little boys are old enough they will be able to build the temples too. 









These three were fighting over a slinky so I took it away and said no one could play with it and a major melt down happend!  I had to snap a pic! Haha! 

Owen never ever snuggles so when he stayed like this for a while I had to have Landon snap a pic! 

No comments: