Monday, February 23, 2015

Landon's Birthday Weekend Getaway

I planned a fun weekend getaway to celebrate Landon turning 31 (and kind of a 30th birthday do over since I had just had Owen when he turned 30 and I did nothing...bad wife). 
We started our getaway with dinner at The Melting Pot.  It was only our second time there and we enjoyed every bite! After dinner we headed to the Jazz game (one of Landon's favorite things to do) where I had bought really good lower bowl seats.  Usually when Landon and Jack go to a Jazz game they get super high up seats so Landon loved the good seats and he thought it was a real treat!  I actually really got into the game (which I normally don't...) so it was a really fun night. We were pretty stuffed after the Melting Pot but we enjoyed some dip n dots because I couldn't leave the game without some sort of arena food...

After the game we checked into the Grand America Hotel. We felt like fish out of water because it was so nice and ritzy but it was also fun to relax and pamper ourselves a little bit. We woke up the next morning at 10 am...we haven't slept in in a long time so it was so nice! We ordered room service and everything was such good quality and yummy! We did some shopping for the kids at this cute shop in the hotel. Then we went to the Grand Spa for a couples massage. It was our first time getting a massage so we weren't so sure what to expect but we had a good time.  We were so grateful that my mom and dad could watch the kids because we really needed a little trip with just the two of us! I love that Landon got a little bit of pampering in because he is always the one telling me to take break when he gets home from work and never takes a break himself.  I love this man.

 






No comments: