This boy is 6 years old! It blows my mind! He is such an amazing boy and we are so proud of him and all he has accomplished in his 6 years! (bragathon alert...I can do it though because I am his mom!)
Jack has more athletic talent in his pinky then I do in my whole body! One of our favorite things to do together is play a little pick up game of basketball and he wins every. single. time. And I am not trying to let him win. He is good! He is so good because he practices literally for hours every day and that is what I am most proud of him for. He is passionate about basketball and determined to be good so he practices. I hope he always has this determination and drive because it will serve him well throughout life.
He is one smart cookie! Over the summer he started to read and now he is reading everything! He can pick up anything and read it with ease. He basically taught himself how to read and we just facilitated his learning by challenging him with harder books and consistently reading everyday for 20 minutes or more. It is so awesome watching someone learn how to read because a whole new world opens up. He also loves school and learning and is a great student. I get to help twice a month in his class and I love it because I get to see how he interacts with the kids in his class. He is so friendly and confident it just makes me want to burst with love and pride for him!
He is an awesome big brother and great example for his younger siblings. He loves Miles and watches out for him. He has his moments with Avery but for the most part they get along great and love playing power rangers, busy town mysteries, or board games together. I know they will be great friends over the years!
(Uncle Riley brought Jack a few little toys for his birthday. I thought it was so sweet!)
We had a small little family party with just the five of us and my mom and dad. It was perfect! We had pizza, cake and ice cream and then headed to trafalga for some mini golf and arcades (per Jack's request...)












No comments:
Post a Comment