Sunday, August 22, 2010

Soaking up the last bit of summer

We have been so busy (or so exhausted) soaking up every last bit of summer, that blogging has kinda taken a back seat.  When August rolls around I kinda panic thinking we haven't been swimming enough or played outside enough, so I feel like we have to do something every day.  I also kinda forget to take pictures so this is another lame picture-less post.  I mostly just want to write down everything we have done before I forget it...

We started out August with Alpine Days.  Ok, so all we really did was the parade and play around on the bounce houses but it was such a fun day.  About five minutes after we sat down to watch the parade the kids started freaking out because of this loud gun show.  Seriously, my kids have issues with loud noises.  They finally calmed down and Jack stayed in my arms the whole parade so I actually enjoyed it too! 

We have also been swimming at the AF rec (our favorite place) several times. Avery has fallen in love with the big slide.  As soon as she comes off the slide and hits the water she yells "again!"  The last time we went Landon and I together, switching off, probably went up the slide 30 times or more.  It was a nice work out :)
  
We have tried the splash park a few times this month but it has gotten so crowed that the instant I turn my back on Jack to watch Avery, Jack is gone.  I loose him so easily because he is all over the place and super fast.

The slip n' slide has been the biggest hit this summer.  We use it almost everyday and our little neighbors usually come over and play with us.  It has provided hours of fun and I am so glad Jack hasn't gotten sick of it yet!

My sister Mary Alice tried out for the Lone Peak soccer team and made it! We have loved going to a few of her games and Jack's new favorite sport is soccer! We have been frequenting Lone Peak because football season has also started.  A few weeks ago we went to the pre season scrimmage and had a really good time (well the kids did...we were chasing them around the stadium the whole time.)

We have spent a lot of time at my parent's house riding bikes, going on walks, jumping on the tramp (Jack has learned how to do a front flip...don't know how I feel about it), playing with marbles, playing golf and croquet, playing drive through with nana, and hanging out with Mimi and Ty.

Jack had his preschool open house last Thursday and it was fun to meet his teacher and get to know his school.  He starts on Wednesday and I am kinda freaking out a little bit.  I don't know how he is going to act.  He asks every day when he can go to preschool so hopefully he will just love it.  More on this later...

Friday we were lucky enough to snag free tickets to Lagoon!  We left Avery at my parent's and took Mimi and Ty along with us.  Oh my, we had such a good time.  Jack was a complete angel!  I cannot even tell you how proud I was of him.  There was one moment when we first got there and Mary, Jack, and I were walking to Rattle Snake Rapids.  I looked at Jack who was staying right by my side looking around kinda nervously but really excited and I thought, he is growing up and I love it!  He was so good to stay close and follow us.  He loved the train and the little airplanes.  He is a water boy at heart though, so when he saw Lagoon A Beach he was determined to get there.  Landon was a good sport to follow Jack around the water park the rest of the time we were there.  We had such a fun day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel the same way in August... I hate knowing Winter is coming so soon. :-( Where are you doing preschool this year? I failed to get Peyton in this year but am looking for ideas for next year.

melimba said...

That's so funny! We feel the OPPOSITE about SUMMER! hA! We can't wait for it to be OVER, b/c we can finally GO OUTSIDE. It's too hot here, and we have to treat the summer like Utah winters---don't go out unless you have a specific thing to do! hA!!

Utah summers are the BEST! Especially summer nights! I'm jealous! :)

I can't believe your little Jack is old enough to do preschool already! Ahhh!

Looks like you guys are doing well, I'm so glad for y'all!
lots of love,
melis

Chris and Jen Wright said...

so fun!!! the newborn stage is fun in its own way- but seeing all of the fun things you can do when they get older makes me excited!!!! I just love your photos! your kids are ADORABLE!