Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Landon was meant to be a dad. I will always remember the first time I saw him holding his little baby boy. He was a little unsure of how to hold a baby but he nestled Jack in his arms and the smile on his face was one of pure joy, and pride.  He is not one to get emotional but seeing that little boy in his arms he turned into a soft little ball of emotions.  I was in pain (and I think in a little bit of shock) because for some reason I did not feel an instant connection with Jack right off the bat. Landon had to kind of step up and take over in the hospital. He changed Jack's first diaper, he signed all the papers, and went with Jack when he got all his shots, he slept with Jack on his stomach, he dressed him, and called the nurses when we didn't know what to do. I felt like I should know what to do but I was asking Landon if I was rocking Jack to sleep right? Did I change his diaper right?  Should I swaddle him tighter? Landon just knew what to do from the get go. He was my calm and reassurance during those first few days in the hospital when we were brand new parents.  He has never ceased to amaze me with our kids.  He is the best dad ever and I am so glad I have him by my side while we raise our kids together.




I was also lucky enough to be raised by the best dad ever!  My dad is one of the best people I know. He is so smart with money and with everything else for that matter, so Landon and I are always asking him for advice. He is very handy and has bascially designed and constructed our whole kitchen.  He comes over to my house and works for hours on my kitchen when I know that he has a million other to do at his house. He is so selfless and would drop everything to be there for his kids.  I have learned so much from him and his amazing example.

No comments: