Monday, January 11, 2010

We are not starting out on the right foot

We have been here little over a week and if our neighbors don't already think we are crazy they will soon.

The relief society presidency came over when my house was a complete mess, I had just gotten out of the shower (luckily I was dressed), my children where in diapers and shirts, and Jack kept screaming for milk. Yeah, nice first impression.

Everytime I come out of my house Jack runs away to the commons area and I have to drag him to the car kicking and screaming (did I mention everytime). I can't imagine what my neighbors think.

I lost Jack today. Like gone.  I couldn't find him anywhere.  I was bawling and panicking and I had half the neighborhood looking for him.  He had walked all the way to the church, out of the circle and across a busy street.  I had run to grab the stroller so we could go on a walk and 1 minute later Jack was no where to be seen.  Not fun.  Luckily we found him just walking back (little bugger). Now all my neighbors think I am a terrible mother.

After this fiasco we decide to still go on a walk and play at the playground (don't ask me why).  When we were coming back my cute next door neighbor  came running out to introduce herself. While I was talking to her Jack climbs out of the stroller and starts running away again.  I am running after him while she is pushing Avery.  I grab Jack who starts screaming at the top of his lungs and then Avery starts crying.  We continue to try to talk while I am holding a kicking and screaming Jack the whole time apologizing for my 2 year old terror.  Luckily she was so sweet and said she would come visit at a better time (too bad this is how Jack usually acts so no time is a better time).  Not a good first impression.  

Good thing everyone is so nice here and everyone seems to have a lot of kids so hopefully they can sympathize a little.

8 comments:

Sara said...

First of all your new place is beautiful! I love it! And don't worry too much about first impressions... I could tell you many similar stories of us when we moved into our neighborhood. I have great friends here, and guess what? Their kids are as crazy as mine, and their house is messier! They understand!!

Erin K said...

I guess that's what you get for moving!!! hahaha! We miss you guys.

Sarah said...

haha that is so funny! i'm sure it wasn't funny when it happened but you can just look back and laugh now. and i'm sure your neighbors will soon know the truth - that you are a wonderful mommy and you just have a wild 2 year old :)

Kurt & Jen said...

You could just move back! We all love you and your adorable kiddos!! :) I'm sure it was super stressful for you, but any mom should understand. My house is usually a mess and Cannon can be hard sometimes, but I guess that's just how it goes!

Landonstaylor@gmail.com said...

I'm glad you didn't mention the times when I'm in my diaper screaming for milk.....jk. From an insiders point of view you are SUPER mom and do an AMAZING job with our kids!

XOXOX

Halvorsen Family said...

I totally understand! Kaden has done that so many times, and I have felt like a horrible mother too. But don't worry your not the only one. :) I heard you guys moved! Congrats! Love your place, very cute. Stay in touch.

melimba said...

oh my goodness, I would have flipped out. I can only imagine how panicked you were!

And, gotta love those first impressions. hA! Too funny!!

The Imperfect Pie said...

I just have to say that this post made me feel a lot better for all of my mommy moments like yours (I like to call them "hypoglycemic rages" because its usually when I haven't had food that everything goes crazy). we really should live closer to each other so that we could laugh at one another during these moments.