Thursday, July 2, 2009

some of my favorite things...

Edamame-We are loving this snack at our house.  I find Jack pulling a bag of edamame out of the freezer almost everyday for me to make.  Even Avery loves to suck on the empty pods. Seriously so good!


Havaianas-I wear these flip flops almost everyday.  They are like my 5th or 6th pair too.  They are so comfortable and perfect for the summer!  You can find them at igapost.com!



Baby Signing Time DVD'sI got these from a friend a few months ago (thanks Erin!) and Jack has finally started to LOVE them.  He full on says "baby signing time" when he wants to watch them.  He already knows a ton of signs and he sings to some of the songs which is so funny.  It also came with cd's that you can play in the car and Jack loves them! I would totally recommend these dvd's to anyone with kids!




DeLonghi Safe Heater-This heater has been a life saver since Avery was born.  It has a really hot setting that turns off when it gets too hot, a warm setting that stays on, and then a setting that just blows air and is perfect for drowning out noise in Avery's room when she sleeps.  When she was first born, in the middle of the winter, I would keep it on the warm setting to warm up her room when I would have to feed her in the middle of the night.  Now it just blows the cool air and I swear it soothes her to sleep.  She sleep all night and sleeps much better then Jack did at this age and I didn't have a fan going in his room. This was really cheap too on Amazon.  I love it!


Halo Shampoo- First of all I LOVE that my sister is a hair stylist!  The best thing that ever happened to our family :)  I just got my hair cut (again) and she gave me the best shampoo!  I love the way it smells and it doesn't make my hair too soft or too greasy.  I can't round brush my hair like Holly does but with this shampoo I don't get all the frizzy hair stuff even if I don't round brush it.  You can get it at Suggestions Salon where she works or I bet other salons sell it as well!



Banner Boutique on Etsy- Yes, I love Etsy and I found the cutest little boutique that sells darling hair bows.  I love to look for hair bows for my lovely little baldy girl and these headbands are my favs!  I have only bought one headband so far but I love it and it's white so it goes with everything and she wears it almost everyday.  I need to get a new one soon!  I have so many favorites on Etsy but this one takes the cake!




Blackberry Storm Phone-I couldn't leave Landon out of this little fun post.  If this phone isn't his favorite possession I don't know what is.  He has it with him constantly and with his work they are always texting and using IM even after work is over so it has become another appendage. Sometimes I want to throw it out the window though :)


Seriously, this was fun. What are your favorite things?

6 comments:

stephanie said...

we love edamame as well!! how are you guys doing? your kids are adorable!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

I love this post cause then I get good ideas!!!! I'm always searching for good shampoo. I'm totally going to try it... and a good tip about the fan/heater. I think Austin and I need that!!!!

Val Murphy said...

We just tried edamame for the first time on our trip to Oregon last week and it was delicious. Where do you bu yours at?

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

i love those headbands!

i am for sure visiting her esty shop!

Kylee Coulam said...

I have to say that you are for sure the CUTEST mom in the world!! I love the post! Hope you guys are doing well! :)

Angie said...

Cute post! Oh...we love edamame too! Yum! And I can't live w/out my flip flops either!