Miles has been asking when his birthday was ever since he turned 3! I knew I had to throw him a big birthday party because he was so excited for it! He has really been into Paw Patrol, a show on Nick Jr., so I thought having a Paw Patrol theme would be the perfect thing. He is our only summer birthday so I knew it was going to be an outdoor water slide party because surly it was going to be nice and warm on June 11th... The big day arrived and I had been prepping and planning for weeks (which I love doing...it's kinda my thing) and the weather forecast for the day was RAIN all day! I couldn't believe it! We thought about canceling and doing the party the next weekend but the kids were all so excited and the bounce house rental company wouldn't let us cancel. So we continued on with the party. The first hour was pretty warm and sunny but then it started to get cold and rainy and we had to move the party inside. I was kinda bummed (mostly because we invited so many people and they couldn't really enjoy the party) but I don't think anyone else really cared haha! Miles had a blast and that is all that matters. He got so many great gifts and he was loving every minute! All of my friends and neighbors and family that came to the party were so encouraging and so sweet about being so cold and wet which made me feel better about the semi disaster of the party. I am so grateful for good people in my life!
A little bit about Miles Calvin at 4:
He LOVES guns haha! I don't know how I feel about it quit yet...He always has some kind of gun in hand and he makes the best gun noises.
He has the greatest imagination. He will play for hours in his own little world by himself and be totally content. I love that about him. He reminds me of Andy from Toy Story because he will get really attached with toys and play with them over and over again.
He loves school and learning. He had such a great year at Bear Hollow Preschool and he asks almost everyday when he can go back to school.
He is super social. He loves playing with his friends and cousins. He finds friends everywhere we go. The park, the splash pad, Kangaroo Zoo. I am not one who usually goes places with other friends so I am so glad most of my kids can find friends to play with so quickly! He always says I am his best friend though and I love it!
He is super sweet. He is always coming up to me and saying "I love you mom" "You look so beautiful mom" "I love your dress mom" "Your eyelashes look so pretty mom" I always say he will be the best husband someday because he notices little details that will make his wife swoon!
He says the funniest things and Landon and I get such a kick out of it! The other day he was jumping on the tramp and got a little bit wet (which he does not like). Landon and I were talking on the lounge chairs and Miles was trying to get our attention which wasn't working very well. All of a sudden he was like "Mom, I'm freaking out! Can you get me off the tramp!" Hahaha! It was pretty funny!
He LOVES swimming! He would swim for hours and hours at the pool if we let him. I found that if we bring a water gun to the pool that is all he needs to stay content for hours.



























No comments:
Post a Comment