When your birthday is on Sunday you get to celebrate all weekend long! On Friday Jack got to celebrate his birthday at school. He brought a poster I made with a bunch of pictures and facts about him to his class. He also handed out airheads to all his classmates. I checked him out for lunch and we all (even Landon) took Jack out to Subway for a birthday lunch. He loved it! He got some fun things at school for his birthday like books so I am pretty sure he had an awesome day!
Saturday night Landon took Jack to a Jazz game and they had really good seats. We gave him a Gordon Hayward jersey as an early birthday present and he wears it all the time. On Sunday (the same day we also celebrated Easter...kinda crazy) we had some family come over for dinner and to help us his eat his giant (and very expensive) cake! I think Jack felt very loved.
Turning 8 is pretty special around here because he will baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We will celebrate him all over again! To prepare him for his baptism we got him a nice set of scriptures with his name engraved on it, a scripture case, scripture stickers to put inside his scriptures, a new tie, a book about baptism and some scripture marking pens. Jack so was excited about all his new things even though they aren't typical 8 year old boy gifts. He promptly put all his scripture stickers in the right pages and has kept his scriptures right by his bed. He is so ready to be baptized! I am seriously so proud of him. He bares his testimony every fast Sunday and I really believe he has a strong testimony. He is so good about writing in his scripture journal when we do family scripture study. Every week in primary he memorizes a new Article of Faith and is so excited about passing it off. I have talked to him about how shortly he will have the Holy Ghost to help guide him throughout his life but that he should also try now to make right choices. I have found him turing off the tv when he hears bad language even without Landon or I asking him to. He is trying really hard to control his temper (which is kinda hard for him) but he is getting better and better. He is also trying harder to be nicer to Avery. I think there is going to be a stronger spirit in our home after he gets baptized. He is such a good example to his younger siblings and I hope they want to be just like him!





No comments:
Post a Comment