Thursday, November 6, 2014

Halloween Fun 2014

I always create these movie like (unrealistic) scenes in my head of how the perfect holiday meal, or family party should go...clean house, happy kids, perfect place settings etc.  Well it never goes as I had envisioned it and I am finally coming to terms with the fact that a "fairy tale" like gathering is never going to happen and that I just need to enjoy the way it all turns out!  This Halloween was no exception...I had a fun meal planned of meatballs (eyeballs), rice (maggots), roasted broccoli (ogre noses...), graveyard cake and a yummy orange float.  Two of my kids barely touched their food and only drank their soda drinks, the kitchen was a complete mess (like bomb shell went off mess), I had intentions of  decorating the grave yard cake as a family but one child was super grumpy and would not join us. 

Don't even get me started on the family pumpkin carving event...just picture me sitting alone carving and cleaning out the pumpkins while the kids were running around outside not caring one bit about the pumpkins.  Then when the pumpkins were done one child, (same grumpy child mentioned above) threw a complete fit because I had carved the wrong face on the pumpkin...wow!  Not a fairy tale ending at all! But memories were made and I have pictures to prove I actually put forth the effort on making Halloween somewhat special...









The kids were so excited to dress up in their costumes and go to school!  Avery was Elsa (of course) and Jack was Harry Potter. We loved seeing them march around their school during the costume parade.  I also met Jack for lunch and we had fun eating a school pizza lunch and talking to all of his friends.  I got to help out with the Halloween party in his class too and it was a blast!  2nd graders are awesome!







No comments: