Wednesday, October 22, 2014

General Conference

We love General Conference weekend!  We get to sit back and listen to the words of the prophet and apostles who's words inspire and uplift us to try a little harder to be better people. 




It's always been tricky to get the kids to sit and listen but I think after trying so many different things we have found a method that has worked for us for a few years.  I fill a bunch of jars with different types of candy and then each jar has a specific word in front of it.  During conference, if one of the speakers says one of the words, then the kids take the candy out of the jar with that word in front of it. They love the anticipation of hearing the next word, the candy of course and I love that they are actually listening to the talks.  We switch up the words after every talk to that it is still new and exciting for each talk.  We also like to print out General Conference themed coloring packets for the kids to color when they get bored of the candy jars.  







Miles of course has no idea what is going on so he is free to do as he pleases...

I printed off a packet with a bunch of cool facts about each apostle and Jack was really into it!

No comments: