I was scheduled to be induced a week early on Feb. 11th and the night before Landon and I dropped the kids off at my parent's house so we would be ready to go in the morning. After a not so great nights sleep, mostly because of excitement, we got a call from labor and delivery around 8 o clock saying they would be ready for us at 9 o clock. So we packed our bags ate a light breakfast and headed off to American Fork Hospital.
We got all situated in our room and by 10 o clock I had my IV in and pitocin going and the waiting game began. We tried to play a game of banana grams but we were actually both just really tired and decided to lay down for a while. Dr. Watabe came and broke my water around 11 and then I got an epidural so I really didn't feel any contractions at all. Bliss!
By 12 o clock I was feeling a lot of pressure and it was getting kinda painful so I dosed myself with some more epidural and decided to have the nurse come see how far dialated I was. To her surprise (not mine...I knew how fast it would go this time around!) I was at a 10 and ready to go!
Dr. Watabe ran over from his office and after 4 pushes little Owen was here! He was big! 8 lbs. 7 oz. and was 19 inches long. He was a chubby little cutie! It was such a pleasant delivery (as pleasant as labor and delivery can be...) and we were so grateful that everything went so well and that Owen was healthy! It's always such a sigh of relief once those babies are out and in my arms!
























No comments:
Post a Comment