....and a million pictures.
The kitchen is finally done! What took so long you ask? Well, a few things. 1. mostly laziness, the one thing that we have been waiting to finish for a long time was the crown molding. We tried a few times to go and get crown molding but our beloved Home Depot failed us (they only carry like 2 different kinds of crown molding). So we weren't sure where to go from there and kinda took a long time to go and find more crown molding. Finally we said we just need to get this done so we tried Lowes and luckily they have a pretty big selection. Then it took a while to actually get the crown molding up after we had bought it. Anyways, that doesn't matter anymore because the kitchen is finally done and I have a million pictures to post of it!
Here are the before pictures. These first two I took off of a real-estate website so they were the pictures the previous owners had taken. The next pictures I took with my video camera because the one day I came to take pictures of the house before we remodeled it my camera was dead. It works though.


This is where the refrigerator used to be and we moved that to the other side and took this wall out.
We took this fluorescent light out and put in new lighting
The floor was all linoleum and a little piece of carpet so we took all that out and put in new hardwood. (I shouldn't say we it was mostly Steve, Landon's dad and my dad that did everything)
The Kitchen After:
I have always wanted an all white kitchen. I just think it makes everything look so bright and airy. So instead of getting new cabinets we sanded and painted the cabinets a creamy white. We painted the walls, ceiling, doors, and crown molding all the same color. The counter tops are honed black granite so instead of being really shiny they are more dull which is exactly what I wanted. Where the bar is was where the fridge and that wall used to be. We took that out and added some more cabinets and the bar.
Steve built that wall and my dad built the cabinet above the fridge so we have a built in fridge look.
The inside of the cabinet.
The little details:
Here is the newly finished crown molding that Steve installed and Landon painted.
My dad put all new shelves in the pantry. Before they were plastic grate like shelves.
The granite counter top people gave us a free sink. I really wanted a nice big deep sink and I love it! We also got a new faucet and my dad installed it.
My dad put bead-board on the back-splash and sides of the cabinets and on the side of the fridge.
The lighting:
We installed new lighting in the kitchen, above the bar, and in the eating area.
The eating area:
The living room:
21 comments:
so awesome Kelsi!!! :)
wow your house is beautiful! Will you please come decorate mine? I'm serious!
Absolutely love it all!!!! I would love to have a kitchen like that someday. So lovely.
Great job! and where did you get a chair that cute that reclines?! awesome
oh my!
the wait was worth it!
I'm SOOOO happy you finally finished it! It is BEAUTIFUL! What an awesome job you ALL did!
GRRRRRRREAT work!!!
love it all.
and, your rug? pillows? and that CHAIR!? it is all just wonderful.
great job!!
wow beautiful home! good job on all you did. you are such a good decorator!
no way!!! that is amazing. so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your house. That's my kind of style :) You have talented family members because I don't think anyone in our families could help us do that haha.
Wow, you really really are so incredibly talented, good job, it all looks like it is from a magazine!
be-a-U-tiful.
Your kitchen looks BEAUTIFUL! It looks right out of a catalog!
Love it! It looks great and I absolutely love that chair. Good choice.
oh my gosh this is amazing!!!!!! i looove that green hutch.. where did you find that!!!??? so beautiful!! jealous!
BEAUTIFUL!!! Can you do mine now?? You have super cute style!
love it!
I'm speechless. That's absolutely incredible.
HOlY COW! It all looks so amazing! I am in love! I know everyone that sees this post is going to be super envious :)
Kels, your home looks amazing!!! Wish i could come see it in person! Miss ya :)
Wow!!! You just created my dream kitchen!!! I am in love with it! I always tell people that if I had my way, I would have a white kitchen with that nice hardwood floor going into the family room. Fabulous job!
I am in love with your kitchen! Beautiful!
wow! I love it! Will you guys come and do our kithen! :) I love all your decorations everything, it's so beautiful! Looks amazing.
Post a Comment