Sunday, August 2, 2009

my HUGE summer project

So, I needed a new entertainment center and I had this idea to buy a cheap one off KSL and paint it myself. Haha, what an idea that was! It seriously took me a month or more to finish this huge thing! I don't know what I was thinking :) I had to sand the whole thing first, paint it, sand it, paint another coat, sand it again, distress it, stain it, sand it, and then put three coats of glaze with more sanding in between. But don't you worry, I had a TON of help from my amazing dad! He helped a ton and I couldn't have done it without him! My mom and Mary also helped watch the kids while I was painting away which helped out so much! It was worth all the hard work though. I love it! Here are the before and after pictures. (these pictures don't do it justice though, my dumb flash made everything look bright and weird and the stain is not orange! but you get the picture. Also this first picture is the one off of the KSL add)

DSC_2848

DSC_2824

14 comments:

Landonstaylor@gmail.com said...

Great job sweetie and Cal and the Hunter team who helped watch the kids!!! It looks great and will be a part of our family for MANY years

The Dahle's said...

oh my gosh my jaw literally dropped! great job kelsi! it looks AMAZING!

Ben and Camille said...

wow! amazing!! please decorate our future home. i love your style. good job!

melimba said...

wow! you go, girl!
you're not kidding, HUGE summer project!!
I have been "entertaining" the idea of repainting our ugly brown stained "entertainment center"---you may have just inspired me! But I bet I won't have the motivation to actually START it for a while! :) GOOD WORK!

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

Wow, it looks awesome Kels! Love it.

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Wow!!! Impressive.That is sooooo dang cute!!! Someday I will do a craft like that!!

Rowley Family said...

That looks amazing! You can come do one for me!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE it! It looks awesome. I have a few things I want to refinish...I will have to get some tips from you. Also--where did you get that cute lamp to the side of the entertainment center? I've been looking for new lamps for awhile and can't find any I like. But I love that one!

Jessica said...

wow that is amazing. I love it! with two kids I know that had to have taken forever! you should make a hobby out of it someday and refinish stuff and sell it! people would pay lots of money for stuff like that! I'd love to be able to make something look that awesome!

Danielle said...

I can't believe how pretty that is! I love it. I wish I had one just like it! Want to make me one? Just kidding. But, really it is beautiful!

Val Murphy said...

That is simply incredible! A job VERY well done!

M-Z-T said...

Looks great Kelsi!

Unknown said...

I love it! You did a fabulous job!!

Clint, Camber, Camdon, Carolina, Corbin, and Cordelia said...

WOW! That is amazing!