Monday, May 18, 2009

a whole lot of birds

On Saturday we decided to check out the Tracy Aviary in Salt Lake (thanks Elise for the idea!)  I thought it was pretty cool and with our new double stroller Jack stayed put so Landon and I could actually enjoy ourselves instead of chasing him around the whole time :) After the Aviary we walked around Liberty Park (I had never been there before and I was super impressed.  It was soooo packed though!)  Jack played at the playground for a while and then we headed out to dinner.  It was such a nice day and we had tons of fun but my favorite part was just being with my little family!

 There were a ton a peacocks just wondering around and one of them put on a lovely show for us.
Peacock
Here is Landon chasing one of the peacocks around.  He ended up sending it barreling towards me and the kids and it freaked me out!
Landon chasing peacock
This double stroller has been one of the best purchases because we just strap Jack in and there is nothing he can do but sit.  We can actually do things now without him running off. Oh so Heavenly.
Jack in stoller
After the aviary we decided to eat dinner at Pat's Barbecue.  I am a big food network fan and this restaurant was featured on Diners, Drive ins, and Dives and ever since I saw that episode I have wanted to try it out.  Landon and I both got chicken which was pretty good but the mashed potatoes and corn bread were to die for!  So good!  
Pat's

5 comments:

Elise said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!

Erin K said...

So I'm in the market, Where did you get your stroller?

Blake said...

Where did you guys go to see the pets? Looks like it was tonz of fun. I love seeing little Jack and Aves growing up. It's great to see little Jack's personality. Love you guys!

Val Murphy said...

We love food network too! Looks like we have a new place to try, that's always a nice thing :) Your little family is just so cute.

Unknown said...

We love that show too! I was just talking to Tyler tonight and he was all, "I wish I knew where one of these places were" I told him how you guys had just gone to one and we were wondering if you could tell us where it is at. Do you mind e-mailing me? My address is tnejperry@gmail.com. Thanks!