Thursday, June 19, 2008

CrAzY CrAvInG!

This pregnancy has been somewhat different from my last pregnancy, especially in the foods I crave. Before I was pregnant with Jack one of my favorite things to make and eat was guacamole. We had it about twice a week but as soon as I got pregnant I couldn't stand the stuff and I never made it again. Well, with this pregnancy I have started craving this guacamole. It's so weird and our new favorite meal is guacamole and quesadillas (don't know how to spell that). Anyways, I thought I would post the recipe in honor of my crazy craving! If you love guacamole you will love this recipe.

Guacamole

4 ripe avocados
half a red onion finely chopped
1 tomato seeded and chopped
2 garlic gloves finely diced
fresh squeezed lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

add everything together and mash to desired consistency!

8 comments:

Aly said...

Mmmmmm. We love guacamole at my house. Sounds like a great recipe too! Thanks.

Mike Woodward said...

So, I can't wait to find out what the little baby is! We are so excited for you! Being pregnant I can totally relate to the weird cravings. My weirdest one has been scrambled eggs followed by a popcicle. :) Good luck with the pregnancy!

Dayna said...

Congrats on baby #2!! that is so exciting! so I guess that means no more clogging this year. :( I am expecting baby #3 in November. So that is fun. we find out in two weeks what we are having. I haven't had any weird craving yet..not that I know of. Good luck with everything!

Jessica said...

Uh oh - is it another boy? You have now influenced me to want Guacamole - BAD influence! I tried a drink made with avacado's and it was so yummy - I will get the recipe to you soon! I am so glad you guys are doing well!

The Rich Family said...

Hey Kelsi-
It's Jenni (VerHoef) Rich. I know it's been a LONG time, but looks like you are doing great! Your little boy is so cute. I've got two boys myself :) Hayden (my step son) 4 years old and Gavin 4 weeks old. I always thought I would have a little girl who loves dance, but now I'm learning all about hot wheels and helicopters. Congrats on your pregnancy and hope all goes well.

Love, Jenni

M-Z-T said...

Guacamole recipe was great! I've needed another simple one. I added some black olives and it was great!

Good luck with the cravings! We've got to get together one of these days!

Kylee Coulam said...

Congrats! I found your blog through Aly! I am so excited for you to have another baby!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelsey! It's Erin Jones, congrats on the baby, we haven't told you guys yet, but we're having a baby in December too! Is it possible you're due on Dec. 10th also? Just guessing from the baby countdown. That would be crazy! I hope all is going well with you guys!