Tuesday, January 29, 2008

10 months



What a breeze this last month has been! Jack has just become so easy. A couple weeks ago I stopped nursing and it was the easiest thing. He didn't make a fuss at all and now he loves his bottles. He goes to sleep without crying and when he wakes up he plays
in his crib for a half an hour more. He entertains himself so easily
and he is just so happy and content all the time. I thought I would
write ten things about him for his 10 month birthday.

1. He loves his food! He pretty much eats anything now but I would say he loves bananas and any kind of sweets the best!
2. He has a blue blanket that he cannot sleep without! He has never taken a binky so this blanket kind of acts as his binky because whenever I put it to his mouth he will suck like he has a binky in his mouth.
3. He is sooooo loved! He is the first grandchild on both sides and everyone cannot get enough of him!
4.He is very active. He won't sit still unless he is eating or watching
his Wiggles movie. He loves to walk around our coffee table and with
his walker and he is actually starting to walk on his own! He has taken
about 20 steps to me without any help.
5. He loves the Wiggles shows. We have tried baby Einsteins, and Winnie the Pooh, and other Disney
movies but he will only really watch these Wiggles shows. I think it is
so funny and I am glad there is something that we keep him entertained
for a while!
6. He is a really good napper. He takes two naps a
day for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and he falls right asleep when I lay him down.
I only say this because for a long time he would cry for ever before he
would go to sleep but I think he finally has learned to soothe himself
to sleep.
7. He has six teeth and my favorite thing is when he smiles a big cheesy grin where you can see all his teeth.
8.He doesn't like to snuggle and he never has. There are some very rare
moments though where he will fall asleep in our arms or lay his head
on my shoulder and I just melt!
9. He is very inquisitive. He grabs things and looks them over very carefully by turning and twisting them before dropping them.
10.He is the joy of our lives!! I just love my little guy to death and what a blessing he has been in my life!

5 comments:

Angie said...

I am glad that you found my blog...and now I can read yours!! Jackson is so adorable!! I can't believe that he is already 10 months old! Too cute!

Sarah said...

jack is so cute! he is almost a year! that is hard to believe. what a joy it must to spend all day every day with him!

Grace said...

I can't believe he is already starting to walk! Evie and I need to come for a visit soon as long as Jack isn't sick. Let me know when a good time for you is.

Dani Lou said...

There is no way this boy is walking yet!! He was just born! You were just pregnant! Oh my goodness he is the most adorable child I've ever seen. His eyes are so expressive... those are going to get the ladies! Hopefully later rather than sooner though. This boy has got to quit growing up so fast!!!
I'm so glad everything is going so well! Keep these pictures coming though. I love them and show my roommates every day! :)

Beth said...

He is getting so big Kels! jane loved the Wiggles too for so long it was the only thing she would watch...it gets a little old, but what can you do? Anyways he is so cute and I just want you to know how much I love having you back, its so fun!