Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Last Couple of Weeks

Jack is asleep and I am taking a break from everything I should be doing so I can finally update this blog!! These last couple of weeks have been crazy! On Friday the 16th Jack, Landon and I made our way to Bountiful where we spent 11 days babysitting Landon's three year old cousin Luke. We had a lot of fun watching movies and lounging around in our pajamas all day. Landon got to take Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off from work and it was so nice to have him help me out!
Landon and Luke playing basketball.

During this time we celebrated Thanksgiving and my birthday!! Because my birthday was on Thanksgiving this year and because we were babysitting it seemed like my birthday lasted for days!!!! On Tuesday my mom took Luke and Jack for most of the day so that Holly could color and cut my hair! It was so nice to be pampered for a few hours not having to worry about anything and Holly did such an amazing job with my hair!! Thanks Holls and mom!! On wednesday Landon watched both of the boys so that I could go on a shopping spree just for myself (I promised Landon that I wouldn't buy anything for Jack but I couldn't resist!) Anyways, I got a bunch of cute stuff and enjoyed shopping at the mall for 4 hours without a stroller or a cranky baby!! Thanks Landon!! Thursday was Thanksgiving and we headed down to my grandparents house and had a delicious feast. After eating we went to the movie Enchanted which I really enjoyed (my brothers not so much) and Landon even liked it!


Some of my family with Jack on Thanksgiving.

When we got back my Nana had a cake with candles and everyone sang happy birthday!


After eating pie and cake Landon, Luke, Jack and I left to the bowling alley for the Taylor's annual "Turkey Bowl". We thought it was a great thanksgiving and enjoyed spending time with both families! Then on Friday (yes my birthday is still going) Landon brought me breakfast in bed and let me sleep in until 12! He called it my day and he let me do whatever I wanted! I have such a great husband! Later that night we celebrated my birthday with just the four of us and devoured a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake! It was such a great 4 day birthday! After a long 11 days of living out of a suit case we are finally home and loving it!
The cute ice cream cake!
Jack and I enjoying our cake.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It looks like you had an awesome birthday! I'm glad you got a little time to yourself to go shopping because I'm sure you haven't had any time to yourself for the last several months. You definitely deserve it! You guys look so happy! And Jack is looking so old! I can't believe how time is flying.

erika said...

Happy Birthday Kels! I love it when birthdays carry on for days and days!

Marianne and Kory said...

We hope you had a great birthday Kelsi! sorry you were so busy with everything else!