I am jumping ahead to Sadie's birth because I realized as I was telling her birth story that I was starting to forget all the little details! It's only been three months but my forgetful mom brain is in full force!
I was scheduled to be induced on September 15th and after a fitful nights sleep I got a call from labor and delivery at 6:30 am asking if I could be ready at 7:30 am. Of course! Let's get this party started! My parent's came over bright and early to watch the other kids and then Landon and I were off! I wasn't really nervous...been there done that. I was really excited to finally meet my baby girl. We had the sweetest nurse and an intern so everything took a little bit longer to start since the nurse was explaining everything she did to the intern but I wasn't in a super big rush. I told the nurse right off that my delivery's are really fast so she made sure to get the epidural going first even before she started the pitocin. After all the paper work was done, IV in and epidural working the pitocin finally went in around 9:30. I felt really good and for the first time out of all my pregnancies I wasn't strep B positive! I didn't have to wait for any antibiotics. It was nice. Landon and I turned on The Great British Bake Off to kill the time. Dr. Watabe came in a little time later and broke my water and then I knew things would go fast. We watched one full episode and by the time it was over I knew I was already at a 10 haha! I wasn't in a ton of pain but I could feel a lot of pressure and when the nurse came in to check on me I started crying (I honestly don't know why haha!) and she knew I was ready. I was right and dilated to a 10. The nurse called Dr. Watabe and another nurse came running in and asked if they could wait 10 minutes for the doctor and my nurse yelled "no! she is ready right now!" then everything started moving really fast! Dr. Watabe came rushing in and you could tell he ran over fast! Sadie was born about 5 minutes and 3 pushes later at 11:28 am! She was born with a full head of dark hair to our utter shock! She was better then we could have imagined! She weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. and was 19 inches long. It was my easiest delivery by far!
A few details I want to remember.
Three failed IV attempts in my arm...ouch! The 4th attempt had to be done by a different nurse in my hand and I literally didn't feel a thing. She had the magic touch. Best IV ever!
The nurse asked me if my other babies had any hair and I laughed and said no and I am 100% sure this baby will be bald. SO shocked with her hair when she was born! Such a fun surprise!
She was my 2nd biggest baby and she was so squishy and chubby (probably swollen) when she was first born. Her skin was also really red for a few days. Those poor newborns go through a lot!
They didn't wash her for a really long time and I wanted to see how long her hair really was!
It was raining on and off most of the morning and it made the hospital room feel so cozy.







No comments:
Post a Comment