Saturday, September 16, 2017

Sadie Sue-Hospital Stay

After we got situated into our hospital room we had our first visitor, Mary Alice! She brought the cutest little hat and booties she had made. Soon after my parent's brought the kids over to see her. The moment they walked in the door and saw Sadie will go down as one of my favorite moments ever. They were so excited and had the biggest smiles on their faces. Avery was the first to hold her and it was love at first sight. They thought she was the cutest thing ever! They loved all her hair and they  wondered why she had goop in her eyes haha! Avery and Jack were old enough to understand that a baby was definitely coming out of mom's tummy but when Miles and Owen saw Sadie I think it finally clicked that inside mom's belly really was a baby!  Owen didn't stop smiling the whole time he was at the hospital. It was magic. They were all huddled around her and I had this moment like wow, I really have FIVE kids! Crazy! My parent's were so great and had a lot of fun things planned for the kids while Landon and I were at the hospital. They went to Kangaroo Zoo, the Provo rec center and had fun hanging around my parent's house. They stopped in to see Sadie every once in a while and we loved having visitors. 

Sadie finally had a bath and it was so fun to watch the nurses give her a bath because with all my other kids they gave them baths in the nursery. She smelled like heaven after her bath and her hair was pure magic! It was so fluffy and stuck straight up. She spent the night in the nursery and I of course didn't sleep all night. I was waiting for the nurses to bring her to me but she slept the whole night! We ended up leaving the next day around 5 because I really wanted to sleep in my own bed. My parent's kept the kids one more night so that we could have a nice quiet house to rest in. It was heaven.


























































No comments: