I can't believe Jack is TEN! It blows my mind! Ten seems so old to me! He is getting bigger and taller and more mature and responsible. I love this growing up thing! All he wanted for his birthday was a Jazz cake and everything basketball related. I literally think every present he got had to do with basketball. He was lucky enough to go on a birthday date with Nana and Granddad. They went to buffalo wild wings for dinner and then Jack got to pick a few things out at his favorite place. Dick's Sporting Goods! He loved every second of it! He also got to go to a Jazz game and create his own jersey. Needless to say, I am pretty sure he had an awesome birthday!
A little bit about Jack at age ten:
He LOVES basketball (obviously). He decided not to play any other sport this year except basketball. He has been playing on two club teams and going to shooting practice one day a week and skills practice two times a week. Basketball never stops for him!
His best friend is Jon Wilkinson and I am so glad they have each other. They play so well together and they are in the same class this year which is a lot of fun for Jack. He's also super independent and loves to do his own thing. He reminds me a lot of myself growing up because he has friends that come over to ask if he can play and he always has me make up some excuse so he doesn't have to play with them haha! He would rather just play by himself.
Jack is in the 4th grade and his teacher is Mrs. Vipperman. He really does well in school and loves learning. He loves reading and reads sometimes for hours every night before bed. He has read the Harry Potter series I think three times all the way through.
If he's not at basketball practice he is either outside on the tramp playing basketball or playing his NBA 2K17 basketball game on the x-box. He knows so many facts about all the NBA basketball players and even the "retro" players as he calls them.
He is a great worker. Every morning he wakes up and gets all his morning jobs done along with his piano practice, before school starts without me ever asking him. I love that about him. He also mows the whole back lawn every Saturday without complaint.
He loves food. Like everything I make he loves! All my other kids are pretty picky and refuse to eat things I make but he gobbles everything up and tells me how much he loves it. It makes me feel pretty good haha!
We think he's pretty special and we love having him in our family!

No comments:
Post a Comment