Ever since General Conference I have been wanting to take the kids down to see the Conference Center and Temple Square. Tulips are my favorite flower so I really wanted to see all the pretty flowers around Temple Square. We have been having some gorgeous spring weather and I think the temperature was somewhere in the 70's and it was heavenly!
This day might go down as one of my favorite days ever! We walked around Temple square for a while and looked at all the pretty flowers then we made our way to the temple grounds and the kids loved running up and down the stairs outside the Salt Lake temple. Jack really wanted to go inside and take a tour and I explained to him that when he turns 12 and gets a temple recommend he will be able to go inside. He was really excited and I hope this sparked a desire in him to make right choices, so that when he does turn 12, he will be worthy to get that recommend! We also saw a bunch of brides taking pictures and Avery was just dying at how pretty they looked! Landon and I kept reminding her that she could be a beautiful bride and get married here in the temple someday. It was another awesome teaching opportunity and I hope my kids have a desire to be married in the temple someday. I hope that that goal will help influence the decisions they make throughout their lives. It just felt really nice to be on those sacred grounds and I think my kids felt that special spirit too.
After walking around Temple Square we headed to City Creek and had dinner at the food court. The kids played around in the play area so Landon and I got to enjoy a nice meal without trying to wrangle kids. After dinner we went to the Disney Store and let Jack and Avery pick a little something out. We ended the night by getting cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory. Perfect night indeed!











No comments:
Post a Comment