Friday, March 1, 2013

Valentine's day

We had a pretty low key valentines day this year.  It started off with our favorite breakfast, waffles with whipped cream and strawberries and hot chocolate.  Landon and the kids had bought me roses the night before, so a lovely bouquet of roses was our center piece.  Our breakfast was kinda rushed because we had to get the kids off to school and this was the only picture I got. This was of my food, while I ate alone while Landon was taking the kids to school...

Dressed in their cute valentines outfits.

 Both kids had fun valentine parties at school and they were so excited to come home and open all the valentines from their classmates.


My super pretty valentine roses.





This year I went all out and made some cute valentines I found off of pinterest. I ordered 5 lbs. of gumballs (and tried to keep them away from the kids...) printed, cut, and assembled all of them. It took me a few hours (and a lot of ink) to put these together but I really enjoyed doing it and the kids LOVED them! 



One more picture of the roses...

We spent the afternoon at Kangaroo Zoo and then had our favorite food for dinner, sticky fingers and potato skins from Wingers!  Valentines Day is one of my favorite holidays because I get to celebrate the people I love!

No comments: