I was able to make a quick trip out to Rye, Colorado for my grandma's funeral. Even though it wasn't the most ideal of circumstances it was fun to get together with all my aunts and uncles and cousins and reminisce on our times together. I grew up coming to my grandpa and grandma's 400+ acre ranch every year but I haven't been back there in 8 or 9 years. A lot has changed but it was still the same old ranch and a ton of fond memories came flooding back to me. I was only there for less then 24 hours but I went to a few of my favorite places and vowed to bring my little family back and take them to all the fun places I went to growing up.
Leaving the inversion behind...
My grandparent's home.
This is a little gate and on it are arrows with each child's name on it and how far they live from the ranch.
The new bunk house where I stayed for the quick trip.
Inside the house.
So stylish.
I spent many a day swimming in this pool.
I just love that there is nothing for miles.
My dad, his siblings, and their dad.
After all the funeral festivities I had one hour before I had to head back to the airport and I decided to head over to the fish hatchery that my grandpa owns. It is one of my favorite places on the ranch.
It was around 55 degrees the whole day...(curse Utah and the cold weather!)
My grandpa loves antiquing and he has barns full of cool stuff. We found this old Jaguar and my brother would love to fix it up someday.
This is the cute little house my grandparent's and their little kids lived while they were building the ranch house. I would love to fix it up and spend a summer or two living here.







No comments:
Post a Comment