Friday, December 7, 2012

Avery's Alice in Wonderland Tea Party

I knew I had to do something special for Avery's golden birthday (4 on the 4th.) I decided it would be fun to do an Alice in Wonderland themed tea party and invite a few of her friends and have Mary Alice dress up as Alice in Wonderland.  I found these cute invitations on Etsy and fell in love with them!

Here are a few pictures of the table dispaly before all the guests arrived.
We had pb&j sandwiches, turkey, cheese and cucumber sandwiches, orzo with feta and cucumber (Avery's favorite...wierd, I know) fruit cabobs, and strawberry lemondade (the tea...).




What is an Alice in Wonderland party without "Drink Me" and "Eat Me" tags...



I got the cupcakes from Dippidee (my fav!) and made these cute little cupcake toppers.








Mary Alice, dressed as Alice in Wonderland, (she had the perfect costume...)  knocked on the door after lunch and surprised all the kids!  She brought cake bites for everyone to eat and read an Alice in Wonderland book.  She was the perfect Alice!



 

After the story the kids painted a little wooden queen of hearts wand.




Then Avery opened presents...

Then we sang happy birthday and ate the delicious cupcakes!


All the girls were in awe of Mary Alice...they couldn't believe we had a real Alice at the party :)



I wrapped up all the tea sets and had the kids take them home as a party favor.  

3 comments:

Kirstin - Klinton - Max - Krieg Starr said...

You are totally impressive with everything you do. That party looked fabulous. I keep hoping to run into you and the rec center again, but it never seems to happen. Well, here's to hoping...

Sarah said...

what an adorable party! i can't believe she is 4!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

amazing...seriously amazing. How do you do it all with 3 kids!!!!!! I'm in awe.