I have been wanting to make a cute quilt that I could take to outdoor activities like a picnic or the splash park or a barbecue. This is the one blanket that I take out in public so it might as well be cute... Well I decided to use up all my scraps and make a quilt out of those. I figured if I used scraps and didn't spend a ton of money I wouldn't feel bad if the quilt got really dirty...
I ended up quilting and binding it myself and I love how it turned out! I definitely learned a lot from this quilt and I realized I love quilting! I can't wait to get started on a quilt for Avery's bed.
It was such a fun quilt to make and I love that there is a history behind all the pieces of fabric I used. The kids and I love playing eye spy, where one of us describes a fabric we see and the others try to guess which one we are describing.
2 comments:
Oh my heck I love it! Nice job doing 100% of the work, it turned out fabulous!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilt!! So super cute. I can't believe Avery went down that big slide on her own. There is no way I could even get Peyton to go down.
Post a Comment