Monday, September 15, 2008

Summer Lovin

This summer we didn't go on any vacations because Landon had school and work but we had some things that kept us pretty busy.

I think we found Jack's new favorite obsession this summer...monkeys namely curious george. I can't tell you how many times I have watched our Curious George dvd. He also has two George books that he reads over and over again. This "monkey" video saved us many times when it was just too hot to go outside.


Oh otterpops....Jack probaby had 5 or more a day this summer (and still does). He LOVES them. I would definitely rather not have him eat 5 or more a day but he stands by the freezer and says please so cutely that I just melt and always give in. Hopefully he gets sick of them soon!


We spent a lot I mean a lot of time at my parents house. We were there almost everyday and Jack always knew when we were going over because he would say "Nana, Mimi (my sister Mary Alice), and Atti (their dog)" over and over until we got there. He absolutely loves it there and who wouldn't with a tramp, swings, a slide, and tons of toys. We'll probably be there all winter too :)

We also did some swimming and had fun at many different parks. This is really random but because I did try out so many parks I have a favorite that kept Jack entertained for a long time. It is the park behind Mountain View High school and I don't know what it is called but Jack loves it. Anyways, Landon has had fun coaching football at Lone Peak and he also got a new job that he loves. It is only 5 minutes away from where we live and his hours are so much better then his last job. We also just put our condo up for sale if anyone is looking to buy a condo. We live in Pleasant Grove close to the freeway which has been so convenient because Orem and Provo are close and Alpine and Lehi are also so close. I have stayed busy shopping for Avery (which is so much fun by the way) and chasing after Jack. Also, my mom just gave me her old sewing machine and I have loved making blankets and working on a quilt for Avery. I am so sad to see the summer coming to an end but I guess that just means winter will be here faster and Avery will be here sooner!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

it sounds like you have had such a fun summer! it's so nice have parents close by to keep us stay-at-home moms company while our husbands are busy at work. and avery is such a cute name! i didn't know you had decided on a name already but i love it. and where are you guys moving to? i hope it is still close by!

Lindsay said...

sounds like you guys are staying busy! Where are you moving too? I hope not out of state!

Grace said...

I hope you are going to Granddad's shindig because I really want to see you are your cute prego belly!

Aly said...

I love having family so close. We are at my parents house all the time too. So where were you living before? I'm pretty sure we were close to you guys without even knowing it. Where are you headed to now?